Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
almostdonew/life (39), barelysurviving (45), bigbob20 (69), billyp (65), Shawv (70), TheTwoOfUs (43)
Who's Online
3 registered (3 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63772 Topics
445342 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#278906 - 03/10/09 02:09 PM Rapist begging for death penalty gets 20 years
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Daily Mail UK view

Someone else can post in with a link to any American media perspective, it's the first one I saw.

Thoughts?

Edited by ComicBookGuy (03/10/09 02:09 PM)

#279077 - 03/11/09 04:33 PM Re: Rapist begging for death penalty gets 20 years [Re: ComicBookGuy]
jacobtk Offline
MaleSurvivor

It's ironic to say the least. He raped two women, but he doesn't want to be raped himself. A part of me just shouts karma and wants to go on with my day. That's the rational part of me. The empathic part of me wonders just what he went through most of his life being that small. To ask for the death penalty suggests he's already been raped before and probably repeated the things done to him on the women he raped.

I don't support the death penalty though. I think it'd be wiser to place him in protective custody so he won't get preyed on and give him whatever help he asks for while he's locked up. Given how adamant he is about wanting to be killed, he may do something to piss off another inmate so they'll kill him or try to kill himself.

I don't know if he can be helped, but it's beyond cruel to put someone his size in the general population. You don't punish crime by inflicting the same supposedly bad act on others.

Every day I die again, and again I’m reborn/Every day I have to find the courage/To walk out into the street/With arms out/Got a love you can’t defeat/Neither down nor out/There’s nothing you have that I need/I can breathe/Breathe now - U2

#279079 - 03/11/09 04:49 PM Re: Rapist begging for death penalty gets 20 years [Re: jacobtk]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada

Edited by joelRT (03/15/09 01:08 AM)
Edit Reason: leaving

#279104 - 03/11/09 07:47 PM Re: Rapist begging for death penalty gets 20 years [Re: joelRT]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
I have the same feeling about him as for my perp - you pass it on, you pay the price.

Now this rapist is in an environment where what he clearly fears the most, is guaranteed to happen. There just aren't any winners at all.

I would have more empathy had he not presented his CSA as an excuse either for the rapes or for trying to get the state to kill him rather than bumping himself off. That's just stoking the fires of stereotyping and preventing non-offending survivors seeking help, depending on where they are.

#284978 - 04/22/09 10:45 PM Re: Rapist begging for death penalty gets 20 years [Re: ComicBookGuy]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
looks like he wont last long

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.