Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 33 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63189 Topics
441846 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#285351 - 04/25/09 08:26 PM . [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:27 PM)

#285405 - 04/26/09 12:55 PM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: bardo213]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi to all my brothers in pain & confusion.

Confused indeed. I made a post on the Gay/BI/trans page.

If anyone whom reads it will see just where I am right now. But in my last T session I was confronted with the INCEST perpertrator label by my T. That shook me to my very soul! Incest? He was a cousin, he and I are in our 70's and as young boys we both were sexually molested. I never had a "family" and as such it never occoured to me that both he and I are in an INCESTIOUS relationship. WE are both consenting adults, we both enjoy performing oral sex on each other. But my T is pretty fed up with me on this and the compulsive masturbation and fantasy part. And I am in confusion between little Peter and me. As I enjoyed it as a young boy.
Confusion indeed. I sure hope that I have the guts to deal with this issue when I get to that WOR next month in Georgia. I know who I am, I know what I am. But little Peter and I are having a hell of a time in dealing with this.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#285442 - 04/26/09 08:47 PM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: petercorbett]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Pete:
Your therapist has a problem because you and your cousin are adults who enjoy doing sexual things with each other? Is it exploitative by one over the other? Are you neglecting your work, health, social life or anything else because of this and the "compulsive" masturbation?

If this was a woman friend your age and you were doing the same behaviors, would he find that to be a problem?

You might want to press him about what he is
Quote:
But my T is pretty fed up with me on this and the compulsive masturbation and fantasy part.

Therapists should not be judgmental unless the person is harming himself or others, in my opinion. He may have some issues of his own that you are triggering.

#285450 - 04/26/09 11:00 PM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Ken,

Well as far as either me or my cousin being exploitative by one over the other/ I don't think so. I am retired, I have almost no social life now. Never really did have any in my younger days. I was always shy and a loner and way too emotionally and sexually immature, still am to a degree.
I have been a compulsive masturbator since I was about 8-10 yrs old. Always fantasizing about it. Even through my married life.

No one gets hurt with me masturbating. It is my way out from my frustrations about myself.I am in my own world. Thanks for helping me out.

Heal well my brother/friend.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#285634 - 04/28/09 05:45 PM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi.

I'm seeking information on SSA.
I haven't seen much in the Book Victims No Longer,
Please help.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#285708 - 04/29/09 08:41 AM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: petercorbett]
Ken Singer, LCSW Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Lambertville, NJ USA
Pete:
I don't know if my earlier post of 4/24 addresses what you are talking about. If not, say more and let's see if we can use our experience to help you out. It sounds like your T is not going to be helpful on this one.

#285720 - 04/29/09 09:11 AM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi Ken,

Well my confusion is about the term INCEST. My T asked my interpertation of the meaning. I told her mother/son, father/son, brother/brother, sister/brother. Immediate family.
I didn't have a real family and as such never understood just where aunts, uncles, cousins & grandparents fit in. She wasn't very believing. But me and my cousin, my mothers sisters son and I enjoy it neither of us is overwhelming the other in our desires, We are both 70 + yrs old.
I know just who I now am, before 1 August of last year, I really didn't know me, until now.

Thanks Ken.

Heal well.

Pete (Irishmoose)

Hope Springs, 2010.

#285935 - 05/01/09 08:10 AM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: Ken Singer, LCSW]
stefalc1 Offline

Loc: london, uk
cheers guys
this is hard work

#286627 - 05/07/09 05:18 PM . [Re: stefalc1]
bardo213 Offline

Edited by bardo213 (06/21/13 07:27 PM)

#286655 - 05/07/09 08:39 PM Re: confused beyond belief... may trig [Re: bardo213]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Lynch,

I for one hope that you decide against that hole in the ground or living in the woods. I am sorry that you are feeling like you are under attack all the time.
Has your manager told you he thinks you are on meth or is that just from heresay. If he truely thought you were on drugs could he not have you tested? That is one thing about what I hear thru the grapeline at work is to realize that usually 99% of it is just bullshit.
Might be time to go and talk to him man to man and address this issue with him. If he thinks you are on drugs that you take a drug test to prove differently. If you are want to and our comfortable share some of your story with so he can be more understanding of you. When I first started getting clean and sober I went to my supervisor and asked if I could talk to him. So I explained to him of my a&d problem and that i was going to a drug program to clean up. Man I was surprised by his reaction of support and was for as long as I worked there which was about 15yrs.
Also at those time when someone who is an a authority postion and he is evualting my job proformace it just scares me. Because i have had such a low and negative opinion on myself and my abilities. But am always surprised how much different their opinion of me is and how I do my job.
I have learned that most of the things that I fear and worry about happening never take place. And if you are half the man that your posts show you to be you have nothing to fear or worry about.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.