Newest Members
RepressedMem, jet_step, JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut
12468 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AndyP (48), Gaius (50), JoziSA (52), mmafan66 (48), nltsaved (36), RMM (52), Steve63 (51), zenboy (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (myrlin, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12468 Members
74 Forums
64028 Topics
446826 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#284287 - 04/18/09 08:28 PM I would like to apologize
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
It has been brought to my attention that my manner, my attitude or perhaps the tone of my posts in this Forum could be, and likely has been, offensive to some of our women members.

While it's true that I am more comfortable talking man speak with the men, still I meant no one in this Forum any offense whatever.

To the ladies that I may have inadvertently harmed or to those that I could have been off-putting, I offer you my sincere apologies.

#284337 - 04/19/09 01:09 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: joelRT]
An Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: usa

#284363 - 04/19/09 09:48 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: An]
Seasalt Offline

Loc: Scandinavia
Joel,
We are all different as humans and how we tell things and how we like to be told. I personally like your straight forward and penetrating way of asking questions or responding. In me you trigger thought without beating around the bush, just what I need.

Not for all persons is "straight at it" what is helpful. Maybe we should remeber that a "straight at it" is from one perspective that is to be taken into consideration, but there might be other perspectives as well. It is up to us to choose what we listen to and what we do with it.

What I wanted to say is, that for me your ways are useful. But maybe not for everyone. As for me the soft, careful words are not the ones that do the most. I want to get right at it, look at it, deal with it, and move on. You help with that. And we need voices from all, and for all, personalities.

Seasalt

#284365 - 04/19/09 09:57 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: joelRT]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi joel.

No apologies needed towards me.

I want it straight. I like your no prisoners taken approach. If others are offended, well all they have to do is delete you from them reading your answers/posts.

As for me I'm a big boy.

Heal well my brother/friend/confidant.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#284366 - 04/19/09 10:04 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: petercorbett]
kolisha54 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Hi Joel -

RE: PeteIrishmoose....

What he said!!!

(Except - I'm a Big Grrrrl!)

#284431 - 04/19/09 06:31 PM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: kolisha54]
scuba Offline

Loc: Florida
Hi Joel,
I personally thank you for your posts. You have given me insight that I haven't found any where else.
Thanks for everything you've written.

#284458 - 04/19/09 09:05 PM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: scuba]
Kathryn Offline

Hey Joel,

Pretty much what every one else has said.

Katie

#284717 - 04/21/09 01:49 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: Kathryn]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hi Joel,

I dont understand how anybody could take offence at what you post as I have never read a post of yours that is offensive, and never a post that is deliberate ly offensive. I have read posts of yours thave been challenging and spot on, never hurtfull.
Who ever said that to you deserves to give an apolagy to you as I can not understand where they are comeing from. I love your honesty and natural ability to say it how it is. Do not let this hick up change your style of posting.

Dusty

#284885 - 04/22/09 08:41 AM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: Dusty Boy]
fromtoday Offline

Loc: UK
Joel,

In real life I would like to think that I'm empathetic and kind, but I accept that I'm also opinionated and to the point, sometimes I hope I'm able to get my point across using dry humour (maybe I don't...... lol).

I often wonder if I manage to convey what I want to say and how I want to say it via forums or text, in an ideal world possibly I wouldn't have a need for such avenues.

In real life I'm incredibly sensitive and vunerable to critisim, unfortunately this doesn't change when I have the protective armour of the www.

I haven't been offended by any of your posts, and enjoy your style, but I do think its healthy for anybody using a forum such as this to remember that others can not see if we are typing something with a jovial smirk or a protective arm around the shoulders.

No escape from reality
Open your eyes, Look up to the skies and see.....

#284925 - 04/22/09 02:32 PM Re: I would like to apologize [Re: fromtoday]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london

Edited by soapy bubbles (09/01/09 10:53 AM)
Edit Reason: deleted for personal reasons

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.