Newest Members
dspwilson, Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated
12384 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4gettingthepast4 (32), DougL (53), Jeff38 (48), lfp (27), pats121 (75), Texan (57), zer0sleep (35)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12384 Members
74 Forums
63653 Topics
444538 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#282818 - 04/08/09 08:29 PM Intro
cjb Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Not sure if an intro is typical protocol here. I just registered as I have been looking for information on male abuse survivors and can find very little. Hopefully, this site will be helpful.

I am 44 and a survivor of severe sexual and physical abuse. I've been married for 21 years, have great kids and a generally happy life.

I have not thought much about this topic until recent medical problems have popped up that were caused by the abuse so many years ago. The pain has really hauled some nasty images back into my memory and I have been having nightmares.

Not sure that examining this topic will help or hurt but I'm willing to give it a try.

Nice to meet you all and my apologies if an intro thread was out of order.

cjb

#282823 - 04/08/09 08:53 PM Re: Intro [Re: cjb]
Dusty Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Hi cjb:
Glad that you found MS, sorry that you needed to find us. You are in the right place and find many of us that are or have gone through what you are expierencing now.
Here is a safe place to post your expieriences, pain, joy and anger / vent rants.
Hope you find the healing that I have found being here.
Dusty

#282825 - 04/08/09 09:05 PM Re: Intro [Re: Dusty Boy]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

cjb,

Welcome to MS. I have gained a lot from being here and have learned so much about myself, and have made progress as well. Share whatever you want and take a look around.

Eric

#282851 - 04/08/09 11:59 PM Re: Intro [Re: ericc]
cjb Offline

Loc: Oregon, USA
Thanks!

#282881 - 04/09/09 09:10 AM Re: Intro [Re: cjb]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
cjb,

Welcome to M/S. I enjoyed meeting you last night in the chat room. You definitely added a lot of energy to the discussion!

M/S has done wonders for me in the brief time I've been here. The focus is on healing and recovery, however that is achieved in each of us.

I am in awe of the wisdom and empathy that gets passed around here. It is a special place.

PM me anytime!

Jim

My Story

#282938 - 04/09/09 02:54 PM Re: Intro [Re: cjb]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
cjb,

No apologies necessary - you did the right thing. Welcome to MS.

I know from experience that this is the place for you adress your past and present issues and to learn the tools necessary for moving on and growing into the wellness of your being.

Read the posts - post as you feel able to; we are listening, we care and we will offer you all of the support that we are able to.

We understand you and what you're going through so I hope that you'll allow yourself to become comfortable here.

#282992 - 04/09/09 08:33 PM Re: Intro [Re: joelRT]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
CJB,

Will it help or hurt? It will help. The silence is what hurts. Sometimes the pain of first disclosure feels like it is hurting more than helping, but it is a step in the road to recovery.

You are definately in the right place and I welcome you.

Keep talking and it will get clearer and better. We are here for you.

Paul

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#283131 - 04/10/09 05:24 PM Re: Intro [Re: Tinman]
hill Offline
New Here

Welcome!

I'm sort of new, too. I've used the site on and off for a few years, but only sporadically. Never did much in the way of posting.

Recently, after hedging for three years (but direly wanting to go) I attended a Weekend of Recovery.

I cannot describe the immensity of the help I received, and the confidence it gave me for my ability to heal.

Now, a couple weeks later, my needs for therapy, issues I want to work on for a better life (instead of feeling I HAVE to work on) are very clear.

So in summary I'd say use these tools at your own pace. . .I did, and wish'd I'd done so sooner--which I supposed means I was ready when I got there.

Again, welcome.

Tom

Edited by hill (04/10/09 05:26 PM)

#283135 - 04/10/09 06:04 PM Re: Intro [Re: Jim1961]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
Hi cjb

I thought I would take what happened as a child to the grave with me. Unfortunately it destroyed or was in the process destroying every relationship I have had. This brought me to the point that I needed to deal with it.

this type of abuse can be harmful in many ways. As for yourself it has manifested in physical problems. I am not a doctor or psycologist and cannot say that dealing with the past will cure what ails you physically. I do know that by dealing with it myself I have been able to live more comfortably within my own skin.

Welcome to MS and keep coming back and keeping us posted on your progress and journey through healing.

Steve

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.