Newest Members
DougieB, sethpeterson, R Ellis, SailingAway, Kitty6
12320 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Healer (53), Kilo (21), sdsjr (40), surfdude (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12320 Members
74 Forums
63373 Topics
443142 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#281047 - 03/27/09 02:28 PM Drug Legalization, the time has come.
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
The time has come, legalize and regulate them.

Some of these videos will have a government "expert" to "balance" the interview on this topic. My FAVORITE mantra that these government "experts" spout is: "Marijuana is the #1 reason why people are in drug treatment". Of course, what the government "experts" fail to ALSO mention is that the only reason these people are there is because a Drug Court Judge ORDERED them to take this mandatory "treatment" or face jail time. What a joke. Joseph Goebbels would be proud of these government "experts".

After having gone through many recent main-stream news editorials that have been suggesting that we consider legalization of narcotics as a means to drastically eliminate prohibition-related violence, a VAST (20-to-1) majority of the comments for the given story support legalization of drugs.

I can't think of a Government more out of touch with the people that they claim to represent than the American Government.

#281342 - 03/29/09 08:04 PM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Hauser]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
There would be a lot less crime if drugs were free.

#281417 - 03/30/09 01:43 PM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Trucker51]
myboyhoodfears Offline

im usually fairly conservative libritarian...i tend to like glen beck...but in the video above he looks more foolish than the guy he is intervewing..i support legalization of marajauna...however I'm against the legalization of other drugs...like opiates, narcotics and hallucinogenics...these drugs are harmfull without question.

#281425 - 03/30/09 04:35 PM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Trucker51]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
Quote:
There would be a lot less crime if drugs were free.

and how about this: there would be a lot less drugs if crime were free.... ah the price we pay to maintain the facade of 'civilization'.

fun fun fun crazy

ron

#281552 - 03/30/09 09:51 PM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Sans Logos]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
A friend of mine's Mom is in the end-stages of Emphysema, she's going to die a horrible death, slowly suffocating in her own mucus, literally drowning to death, the slowest way possible.

Obviously, society would be better off we made tobacco illegal, right? RIGHT?

Another friend of mine's father drank himself to death. Cirrhosis of the liver and pancreantitis gave him a miserable departure from this earthly plane of existence. Given the potential for abuse of this drug, our society would OBVIOUSLY be better off if the government attempted to prohibit its use, right? RIGHT?

Obviously, the answer to both of these scenarios is a resounding "NO".

On what moral or philosophical stance can one stand on to sanction throwing people in prison, (with the risks of being attacked/raped/murdered) for choosing a DIFFERENT psycho-active substance? Not only that, but to do this in a "free society"? I mean, come ON, we can't even keep it out of our PRISONS, and you want to sacrifice MORE Constitutional protections for the sake of protecting people from themselves?

Before 1913, any CHILD could LEGALLY walk into a neighborhood General Store or Pharmacy and buy PURE morphine, PURE coccain, ETC. Amazingly enough, there was no such thing as a "drug crisis" back then. Sure, there were users of such drugs, BUT the habits only cost PENNIES per day for the user and they were allowed to function normally in our society.

Dr. Andrew Weil, (PH.D General Practice Medicine Harvard, and Bachelors Degree in Botany) says that heroin is one of the least toxic, non-damaging drugs one can take. A perfect example of this is Dr. William Halsted, the father of American surgery and founder of Johns Hopkins Medical Center, was a morphine user all of his adult life. No one, with the exception of a few friends, even knew of his addiction. This was because he had access to PURE morphine, not street-bought/toxic/chemical-laced/filled-in stuff that's available on the street now.

My point with the preceding paragraph is that ANY drug CAN be used RESPONSIBLY or ABUSED. There are no absolutes.

Micheal Banks made a comment on another post that I made about this topic. In particular, it was about street cocaine being laced with toxic chemicals and it was killing users. Mr. Banks asked the question of where personal responsibility comes into play, and questioned why I blamed the government for this. (correct me if I'm wrong ok Mike?) Here is the answer: Back during alcohol prohibition, many black-market dealers made toxic bathtub gin with wood alcohol (Methanol), this caused many MANY people to die or go totally blind before they knew that they were in trouble. This is what prohibition does, it creates violent black markets that don't have the NORMAL market pressures to establish a respected brand-name for their product. For instance, Bayer, the company that makes Asprin (people die of Asprin poisoning every year too BTW) used to sell pure cocaine and morphine. They had a respected reputation to uphold, so they didn't put dangerous chemicals into their product just to make a cut. http://wings.buffalo.edu/aru/preprohibition.htm

There is a HUGE WORLD of unintended consequences that are directly attributed to the Unconstitutional Prohibition of select Psycho-active substances, and I only touched the tip of the Iceberg.

One final thought:

You may say to yourself "If drugs were legal, I would be dead now". I'm in no position to argue the merit of that claim, obviously. But, if you support prohibition of drugs on that basis, are you not, by definition, claiming that your life is more important than all the victims of the laws that keep these drugs reasonably safe, regulated, and guaranteed for quality? Aren't you by definition claiming that your life is more important than all the innocent people that have been gunned down in a drive-by shooting that was motivated by drug sales? Aren't you by definition claiming that the hope of keeping you from hurting yourself via government force is a reasonable thing, even if other people are dying that otherwise never would have? Where is the logic in that?

Ok...............lol enough for now.

WOOPS!!! ONE last comment. Animals are victims of the drug war too. (MAJOR TRIGGERS for dog lovers)

#282000 - 04/02/09 10:04 PM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Hauser]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
i think some of the people in these clips were either on drugs ... or SHOULD have been on drugs ...

I dunno about legalization of all drugs - and to what age ... but I agree we have more pressing issues as a country than Johnny getting caught with 2 ounces of pot!

M

#282316 - 04/05/09 10:31 AM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: MarkK]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allan,

If you want to use drugs to your hearts content. Why not move to the Neatherlands from what I heard they are legal over there.lol
Plus their political outlook would fall more in line with yours.
If you choose to buy and use substances from unknown scources who be the fool?
Why the need to alter reality with a chemical?
Drug abuse= self abuse= abuse. Any questions?
There is an old saying"there is no anti-smoker like an ex-smoker".
I beleive the criminal laws regarding drug possesion and use need to be changed. Instead of prison, treatment should be the goal.
In North Carolina all hard liquor is only sold thru the state owned stores called ABC stores. Maybe something could be set up alone slimaliar lines in regards to drugs. That way the quality and revenue could be controlled using the profits from such sells to fund treatment programs to help those with drug problems.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#282722 - 04/08/09 12:27 AM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Hauser]
men_of_hrts.dbw Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Orchidland Big Island Hawaii
An interesting topic for me, I grew up in a family that allowed smoking grass and alcohol was looked down on. My mother would pour it down the drain but we could smoke a joint without even a second thought.

It was not the normal environment. In 1967 we were living in a small commune in the Santa Cruz Mountains in the California costal redwoods.

I was in the sixth grade and Tara and Derdrea asked me if I ever smoked grass before. I lied and said I did. They asked if I could get some and I said yes. So I ran tearing out of the house Tara lived in and cut through Derdrea's property, past the monkey cages, down and accross Zayante Creek then up the trail to the road I lived on.

The commune was in two houses and I went into the second one and pinched some grass from the bowl on top of the ice box.

Reversing the path I went into Tara's house and smoked my first joint with those girls on the stairway leading down to the ground level.

I went home and was late for dinner, for punishment I had the dishes after a housefull of hippies and kids dirtied a huge amount of dishes.

So I'm standing at the sink just trying to maintain and my mother comes striding up to me and says,"your stoned."
Next thing you know I'm outside and she is asking me about how long I've been smoking, where did I get it(stupid me I told her and the stash was moved) and was my brother smoking it too. He wasn't but soon enough he did. She didn't make a big deal of it and I went back to the dishes with my sister.

After the abduction/assault in 1977 I began to smoke daily. It helped me to cope with stress. I could administer the exact dose needed and obtain instant relief.

I smoked it medicinally for thirty years. When the Veterans doctors gave me re-uptakes and the anti this and that I freaked out each time. Phycally and mentally I had reactions to the meds.

The first time was on sertraline and trazadone for sleep. I had a five day bad LSD trip on good government drugs. I was only seven days into the Journey for Survivorship.

I tried everything from zanax to flexoril and beer to overcome the intensity of the emotional pain. Nothing worked...

Except grass.

On April 1st I moved into the apartment at the shop where I've contracted work for the last ten years. I will do the wood finishes for three more jobs then move to California.

I'll spend a bit of time in the Motherlode near Sonora in the mountains north of Yosemite where my family lives.Then move to the redwoods in Napa. I'll get myself a chit from the doctor and grow my own for my personal use and caretake this piece of property that belongs to my older brothers first wife.

I vote YES on the legalization of grass.

Edited by men_of_hrts.dbw (12/22/10 06:46 PM)
"What Say the Brethren"
"Hang the Bastards"

#282750 - 04/08/09 09:17 AM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: men_of_hrts.dbw]
Jim1961 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Pa, but likely traveling...
I abused drugs at a numbingly high rate from age 13 to 18. I also drank an average of 6 beers a day until 12 years ago. What's my feelings about legalizing drugs? I'm in a better position as a parent stressing the FEAR of incarceration/criminal records to my 15 yo son and 11 yo daughter. Alcohol is tougher because it's "legal" and is used openly. The consequences are not as high.

Legalizing drugs would increase the number of kids that use. I am convinced of that.

Jim

My Story

#282752 - 04/08/09 09:42 AM Re: Drug Legalization, the time has come. [Re: Jim1961]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Allan,

Looks as if the vote was held today it would not pass.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.