Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (1islandboy, 2 invisible), 52 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441296 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#283249 - 04/11/09 12:35 PM Re: An idea for MS? [Re: king tut]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Wow! That was quick - thanks so much for not only considering the new Forum idea but for giving it credidebilaty.

Even though it was intially my idea, I will simply continue to do as I have been doing these past many months and offer a word of welcome and acknowledgement to all new-comers at MS, whether that be through the new Forum or should they just show up in the middle of a thread.

I do hope guys, that when the latter happens that these new members won't be directed to the Introductions Forum as a matter of course.

CONFESSION TIME, when I first came to MS, I did not introduce myself, period (I know, I know, I've got no manners). Rather, I just slipped into a thread and started running my mouth. If it had been required of me or even suggested to me that I might like to introduce myself to the group, me and my Social Phobia would just have grabbed up my Tonkas and gone in search of another sandbox. At that time in my life, I simply would not have been able to say (even in cyber-space) "HI, I'm new here and..."

Edited by joelRT (04/11/09 01:19 PM)
Edit Reason: improper wording

#283250 - 04/11/09 12:41 PM Re: An idea for MS? [Re: joelRT]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
not everyone will automatically say 'o gee! i think i'll run right over to the introductions forum and put myself right out there!'.

the trend with most guys who muster up the courage to show face here, is to lurk for a long time, and then inconspicuously drop in unassumingly to a discussion in progress.

at least the option is now there. and yes joel, you deserve kudos for coming up with that one.

grin

ron
ps: any questions or issues with the new forum pm me!

#283261 - 04/11/09 02:14 PM Re: An idea for MS? [Re: joelRT]
ModTeam Offline
MaleSurvivor

Joel, you done good!

Private messages sent to this account are checked irregularly due to personnel and time constraints. Please send messages to one of the moderators for the forum that is concerned by user name, or if there is no named moderator, send a PM to any moderator.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.