Newest Members
PaulnMA, andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm
12252 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beyond Abuse (51), dona (55), JoMiFa (35), norbrill1 (62), RubyRoberts (62)
Who's Online
4 registered (Obi, 3 invisible), 43 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12252 Members
73 Forums
63111 Topics
441339 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#281902 - 04/02/09 01:33 AM A Rough Day
jls Offline

Being April Fool's day I should have expected as much. I awoke to someone knocking on my door after 3 in the morning when I was sleeping. I hate being woken after just getting to sleep since it takes me so long to fall back to sleep. In the morning I had to get up early to see my counsellor, which was a good session but one which left me very drained. I left there feeling the same age as when the abuse happened (has this ever happened to anybody?) but I did my best to hold it together knowing that I had to go to work right after. I work in a homeless shelter and today being the first of the month is cheque day, meaning there will be a heightened level of craziness on the street since money in the hands of alcoholics and drug addicts is never a good thing. By the end of the night there were 3 physical assaults for which police had to be called, including one on myself where someone who was completely cracked out decided give me a smack. Anyways that's the kind of day its been. Thanks for listening.

#281904 - 04/02/09 02:32 AM Re: A Rough Day [Re: jls]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
A hot bath? Big mug of hot chocolate, maybe a sprinkle of marshmallows on top? dimmed lights, good book?

Sounds like if you dont take a break you are going to burn yourself out. I think this is a problem that alot of survivors have, not knowing when to give themselves a break. Have a break if you can. Peace.

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#281906 - 04/02/09 03:27 AM Re: A Rough Day [Re: king tut]
jls Offline

Thankfully I have tomorrow and most of the wkend off to relax. I love the remedies you mentioned at the top of your post. I will try and bring myself around to practice them.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.