Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, GT13568, Cthulhu, irishguym), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63210 Topics
441991 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#281850 - 04/01/09 07:38 PM so its not my fault
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Louisiana
Its not my fault, so why am I isolated, why am I so depressed, why am I not fuctioning properly, why do I have trouble with other people, why am I struggling to get out of bed every morning? Why do I keep falling victim or feel like Im being re-victimized, why do I experience rejection so much I am afraid to open up and lend out a hand. Why am I in emotional hell?

#281859 - 04/01/09 08:58 PM Re: so its not my fault [Re: sportinrucks]
Bewlayb1 Offline

Loc: NYC
Us survivors know a secret most people don't, or refuse to believe. The world isn't fair. Horrific things happen to good people. There's nothing you can do except fight against all the evil that's been done to you. We have to escape our emotional hell one day at a time. I wish you luck and happiness.

#281861 - 04/01/09 08:59 PM Re: so its not my fault [Re: sportinrucks]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Alex,

You are having all those difficulties because, like so many other guys, abuse has left you with a ton of conflicted and negative feelings about yourself. But are those feelings true? Look at all the times a guy may feel guilty about something, but in fact has done nothing wrong.

A good parallel would be a traffic accident in which you are hit by another car and the other driver is clearly and obviously to blame. You are still affected. You are still injured. Your car is still totaled. You still lost a lot of time off work. But does all that make the accident your fault? Nope.

Much love,
Larry

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#281862 - 04/01/09 08:59 PM Re: so its not my fault [Re: sportinrucks]
Tinman Offline

Loc: Lake Forest, CA
I wish I had answers for you beyond wondering if you are in therapy. Because trying to deal with the fall out from what we we went through cannot be adequately addressed without professional help,

We suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Just as much as if we had witnessed combat. And simply addressing it on a website or with people who will support you but are not professionals will do little to address the root causes.

The work is long and painful. But I promise you that if you work at it, IT WILL GET BETTER! You don't have to be a slave of the past forever.

Perhaps you can share with us what action(s) you are taken or have taken in a professional environment to help with these fears and pain?

Paul

To the perps: Don't worry about me coming after you. But you damn well better watch out for God! "Vengeance is mine", saith the Lord

#281871 - 04/01/09 10:30 PM Re: so its not my fault [Re: Tinman]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

It is so good to go home and chat with people who actually understand

#282384 - 04/05/09 03:38 PM Re: so its not my fault [Re: sportinrucks]
sportinrucks Offline
MaleSurvivor

being in the military didnt help either

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.