Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444012 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#281674 - 03/31/09 02:34 PM Never mind CSA, I need a job!
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
That's how things are at the moment, I really feel like I've got bigger problems than CSA which is in the past, and after the end of a training course, before which I fired off 15 applications in three days, I sent off another four today when I heard nothing back.

Anyone else feel like the economy's influencing/dictating their healing process? I really don't think I would have started work on forgiving my perp had I not had much bigger problems in the here and now to keep a roof over my head, and struggling to create new opportunities to replace the job I couldn't take last month.

Things will get better but not without one big fight to get back into work - it's the new financial year over here tomorrow so here's hoping some businesses have the resources to keep hiring (otherwise, why advertise?)

#281686 - 03/31/09 03:15 PM Re: Never mind CSA, I need a job! [Re: ComicBookGuy]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I don't know how bad things are in England right now, but don't come here looking for work. Our unemployment rate in Denver is up to 7.5% now. Every place that you go to apply there are lots of people there in line. Some Chinese restaurant and the 7-11 down the street are looking for a couple of minimum-wage workers and Walmart is always hiring but that is about all that there is. Denver International Airport just had a hiring fair to fill 150 positions and 3,000 people applied. There is a brand-new large grocery super-store opening just down the street here, but they have 87 positions to fill and over 1000 people applied including me. I have heard that the New York City area is doing somewhat better if you are not a stockbroker or a banker.

Just have to keep looking I guess. Hope that you find something soon. These days it might be better to hang onto a job until you can find another one. Employers here would often like to steal someone else's employee rather than try someone off of the street. And a guy's self-esteem is pretty heavily tied to his employment too. So it can't be helping your recovery being out of work.

They are always looking for truck drivers here, and the pay isn't too bad either!!!

Mark

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.