Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447714 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#281385 - 03/30/09 04:34 AM Wor Sequoia 2009
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Guys,

What a weekend!!
One of the best experiences of my life.
I got to meet and get to know about 30 SA survivors. Their courage and honesty was one of the most moving things that I have every been apart of. At the retread this weekend we experienced every emotion possible from tears of sadness to tears of joy to tears of laughter. Their were all different type of people there from all over. From very different upbringing, backgrounds, educational and vocational perspectives.
We each had our unique and individual story of what happen to us in our childhood. But by the end of the retread we were group of men united by our common goal of helping and supporting each other heal from our sexual abuse histories.
How empowering it was for me to witness what took place and the transforming experience that it was for each of us. To finally meet others who have experienced things that for so long I felt I had only happened to me.
To truly know that there are others who overcoming the effects of CSA if inspiring. All I can say to those who took part in these 3 days of recovery is too thank them from the bottom of my heart for all they have given me this weekend.

To Howard,Mikele and all the counselors who so tireless and freely gave of themselves. I will always be in debt to your kindness,generosity,caring you all show us in the 3 days I was privileged to be in your company. It was truly inspiring to see your dedication to our cause. To see that there are people such as yourselves who freely give so much of their time and energy. To help us survivors to heal and begin to become whole people. You guys and gals are truly angels placed in our lives.
To Ken F. and Jorge in was an honor to meet some of the people who are so committed help M/S as an organization to be so effective in helping csa survivors to learn to thrive.
All of your commitment and passion to our cause was truly a turning point in my recovery. To know that we have you as a group championing our cause is truly humbling to me. I hope to find my own little way of supporting and being a part of what you guys have created here at M/S.

I hope every survivor here at M/S has the opportunity to be involved in a retread soon. It is something you will never regret or forget as long as you live

Michael Banks

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#281388 - 03/30/09 08:03 AM Re: Wor Sequoia 2009 [Re: michael banks]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
I am so happy for you Mike. I am glad to hear that the weekend was one that brought you such healing and grace.

Steve

#281394 - 03/30/09 09:22 AM Re: Wor Sequoia 2009 [Re: michael banks]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i am hoping to make one in the fall if there is one at that time. i can't go in the spring because of the 100th anniversary celebration on may 16th at the church i work for. i guess in the meantime, i'll just have to suckle the pearls of wisdom you share with us here mike. :-)

ron

#281611 - 03/31/09 07:54 AM Re: Wor Sequoia 2009 [Re: michael banks]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Mike:

I am SO happy for you! So happy for you! I know what you are talking about first hand, and to see you living the dream now, well that's priceless.

The weekend retreat was truly a turning point in my life. For sure. Meeting other guys, after being so alone for so long. well that's priceless.

Starting to shed that serpent skin placed upon me, well that was priceless.

Starting to feel, and learning to just be me, not living up to some else's expectations because I had none of my own, well that's priceless.

Moving from victim, to survivor to thriver,,, you know where I am going with this...

Congrats Mike! smile smile smile
Jim

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.