Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
rpalm06 (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (Bluedogone, Cthulhu, aniceguy, pufferfish, focusedbody, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63559 Topics
444074 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#281571 - 03/30/09 11:14 PM Re: Boy, 14, admits sex abuse on boys [Re: Donk]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
I haven't read the article yet, but my thoughts are similar to everyone else's.
My neighbor who abused me was fifteen or so and I was nine or ten. I've always held the idea that this wasn't an abuse situation because he wasn't an 'adult.' I've struggled with this and still do. But I did some digging and found out from his sister that she was abused by her grandfather, and I'm pretty sure he may have been to, though I'm assuming.

I still find it hard to blame him and I blame myself....he also got my younger brother involved. Now as an adult he is a police officer and I cringe at the thought of him possibly having abused others. When taught these things as a child (him) and no one intervenes, does or will the abusing continue?

Well, I have some more support now that what happened to me was abuse and that in this type of specific situation, I am not alone....unfortunately.

Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#281586 - 03/31/09 12:31 AM Re: Boy, 14, admits sex abuse on boys [Re: G5]
JustScott Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Not sure what book it was in or where I was reading it, but the one thing I read was that statistically, most of those who do act out in childhood, do not do so as adults. I've talked to quite a few who have shared acting out as minors who have not done so now that they are adults, and in fact more than a few have told me that they specifically sought out therapy to ensure that it did not occur.

So, as long as this kids case isn't bungled and screwed up, he could get the help he needs and not be a danger as an adult.

#281607 - 03/31/09 06:03 AM Re: Boy, 14, admits sex abuse on boys [Re: king tut]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
Originally Posted By: king tut
I know the offending kid was 13 at the time, but it is the same damage to the boys, his young age is no excuse for his actions.

If you read my story (now findable on my blog) you see that my four perps were all 12 yo. Anyone can be a conduit of hell.

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.