Newest Members
matthewdavid, M.L., SammyJG, Rod2112, Mark71
12886 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Camber (28), Jonathan64 (35), Peterwest (69)
Who's Online
4 registered (Judith, Carries The Fire, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12886 Members
75 Forums
66695 Topics
466024 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Topic Options
#2816 - 08/02/04 09:14 PM "Cut and Run"
onlyakid Offline

Loc: New Jersey
I saw someone refrerence "Cut and Run" as a coping mechinism, and now I can't find the post. So I started a new one.

Just wanted to say that I have used this technique many times (I'm assuming cut and run refers to leaving the situation as soon as you can). I had been having some problems at work, feeling like I wasn't doing things right, I was a fraud I didn't know what I was doing, etc. Anyway, most of the time I responded to this by faking a reason to go home. Had a migraine, etc. Well now that I'm on a little more medication, I find myself being able to hang in there and I just had my most active month ever 158 hours (almost full time).

Feels good, but it still is difficult to do, but it can happen. Today I almost left work but I went to lunch and just took a step back and thought about my problems and solved them.

Don't know why I'm saying this but just thought it should have been said.

"Being with people that understand you...Priceless"

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#2818 - 08/03/04 02:31 AM Re: "Cut and Run"
Bill_1965 Offline
Chat Mod Emeritus

Loc: Flint, Michigan

I think you are referring to Aden's post "Where I was comming from";f=1;t=004185

Pain is Temporary; Quitting lasts Forever. - Lance Armstrong

#2819 - 08/03/04 11:11 AM Re: "Cut and Run"
Mike Church Offline
Moderator Emeritus
Loc: Toronto, Canada
Jason the cut and run syndrome is really common with us. The problem is we are human and as such we need a closeness with others. It is the human condition and why we band together.

I think it is a trust issue. We are afraid to do that because our trust has been virtually run over by a MACK TRUCK and left us badly injured. A good way to start is here with your brothers. I dont know how many of us have done that here. I suspect all of us. I am glad that you had a sucessful month on the job. Next step is to establish some outside relationships of friendship. Once again it can start here. PM's etc.

#2820 - 08/04/04 03:11 PM Re: "Cut and Run"
Leosha Offline

Loc: Right here

congratulation on the progress you have made. I think I have done 'cut and run' few times, but I am not able maintain the run part. Because I feel ashamed and guilty for running, so I can not even enjoy that coping mechanism. But I am glad that you are maintaining, and doing so well at work. I think the success you start to feel will make you feel more comfortable.

Avatar photo in memory of my younger brother Makar.

"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted."~~~Martin Luther King Jr., 1963

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.