Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Daniel McKinney (35), Framery (44), JohanDoug (70), ltlkty (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (peroperic2009, petercorbett, 1 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63179 Topics
441784 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#281194 - 03/28/09 04:20 PM Should I just Give Up or Make It Work?
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
I've been working at a supermarket for two years and needless to say I hate it. I hate the people, I hate the managers, I hate having a job that a monkey could do. I'm just 19 so here isn't much I can do and since I'm also a full-time student there isn't much time to do anything. I was told by my manager today that I've been late so many times in the last two weeks that I shouldn't have a job. I don't want this job either. Thanks to my parents I can't drive because I was pull over a few months ago and lost my license because they didn't let me know I didn't have insurance on my car. So now I'm completely fucked. I feel stuck in a hole that I can't dig out of. I thought about just telling my manager that I quit but I've got so much invested in it that I don't want to let go. I don't know what to do. I just can't take the stress sometimes. What do you guys think?

#281201 - 03/28/09 06:45 PM Re: Should I just Give Up or Make It Work? [Re: Clockwise]
Tadd Offline

Clockwise!

Yeah these kinds of things do make for alot of stress...
Take a few steps back and take some deep breaths

If you truly hate your job so much, there are other kinds of jobs that students can do also where maybe they will work with you to have a better schedule so that you need not be late. But you also have to remember something else, the times are really tough now for loads of people trying to even find a job. If you've already vested so much time and effort where you're at, you're probably also getting some sort of benefits now as well being there as long as you have been....if you leave you will have to start from rock-bottom, scratch again.

I sincerely hope your parents can help you out with the transportation issues you face, especially if they were also at fault for not informing you about the insurance.

I don't know when you get some vacation days again or how much sick leave you've taken, but if it helps you to call out and take a little time to yourself to help pull yourself back together, you might want to consider doing it!

I really do hope that things work out better for you soon.

We're here for you if you ever need someone to talk to

Just some thoughts here

Tadd

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.