Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
4 registered (irishguym, Bluedogone, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63203 Topics
441949 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#280473 - 03/23/09 11:16 AM More on sex addiction.
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
This info comes from Patrick Carnes book on sexual addiction.
'Out of the Shadows"

Sexual addiction has many different forms:
Compulsive masturbating,sex with postitutes,annonymous sex with mutiple partners,affairs outside of committed relationship,inappropated sexual touching,repeated sexual abuse of children and episodes of rape.
"Of all forms of sexual abuse none is more harmful both to the addict and the victim than childhood sexual abuse".

15 million people suffer from sexual addiction in the U.S. 8% of men and 3% of women.

The beginnings of sexual addiction are usually rooted in hostile,chaotic or negectful home or the family maybe very normal but the child grows up emotionally straved for love because affection is rarely expressed.

Contrary to enjoying sex as a self-affirming scource of physical pleasure,the addict has learned to rely on sex for confort from pain,for nuturing or relief from stress.
Sexual addiction is usually a preoccuption with sexual arousal and sexual release which often has little to do with who the other person is and requires no relationship.

I never considered the fact that Mr Candale could have been a sex addict but he fits alot of the de>

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#280548 - 03/23/09 11:19 PM Re: More on sex addiction. [Re: michael banks]
myboyhoodfears Offline

Edited by myboyhoodfears (08/31/09 10:46 AM)

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.