Newest Members
GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy
12465 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyrus (44), Dupe1978 (36), James_Is_Talking (36), K-man (58), LordShiningStarr (36), ricky (51), Shawn Hope (29), teresa (42), Warner82 (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12465 Members
74 Forums
63998 Topics
446693 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#280365 - 03/22/09 09:05 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Originally Posted By: Robbie Brown
This place is shit!

Yeah perhaps, but the men of MS are not. Talk to us Robbie, c'mon man, let us in.............

#280372 - 03/22/09 10:32 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Never Sugar Mountain
My 10yo son got bullied by a gang of older boys (sound familiar?)

I went nuke on them.

Still Not Recognized

#280373 - 03/22/09 10:46 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Shit Robbie, I'm sorry. Life really can and sadly often does suck for a kid. Don't we all just know.......

I don't know what exactly you mean by "I went nuke on them" but I'm sure that you were only wanting to protect your kid.

My question, however, is how does having Dad stick up for him, teach him to defend himself?

How is he going to learn what his personal abilities are and when does he get to discover where his strengths are if he's hiding behind you?

Please don't mis-undersatnd me here Robbie, OK? I think it's awesome that your son got to see that he can count on his Dad when times are tough and I certainly wish that I myself had had that when I was growing up. I'm only just wondering if through all of this your son has also learned something valuable about himself that will serve him and his life when you can't be there to deal in his stead.

#280406 - 03/22/09 08:45 PM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: joelRT]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

SIx to one requires that I get involved, especially with today's ultra violent youth. A pack of six who think its fun to do what they did to ONE can go fuck themselves. The lesson of six-on-one can fuck itself. I refused to see it happen again (or at all).

Lessons aside, priorities take over.

May just go ahead and sue for assault anyway.

EDIT: Did i mention they were all older?

Still Not Recognized

#280444 - 03/23/09 03:15 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
Ikelives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
My teeth are clenching, I feel such tremendous anger at this moment. Sue them and what ever else you can do. As for learning, last time I looked out the window, it did not look like the Surengetty and if we have people that want to act like baboons, they belong in zoos. If someone needs to learn something, it's the baboons, not Robbie's son or any other child.

I question this thing about a child learning from bullying for another reason. Is it truely for his benefit. It sounds so noble.
But can it not be an excellent way to excuss ourselves from having to be involved, to take any kind of action, to relieve any guilt we may feel. Is it for his benefit or ours?

I think it may be clear that I am one that was permitted to learn under virtually every case how to survive. My temper that scares even me was what made me first seek counselling.

Take care of yourself Robie and your son.

#280446 - 03/23/09 04:11 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Ikelives]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

It saddens me to see how my concern for a child's wellbeing has been so grossly mis-interpreted by my brother survivors.

Is this all that we can be? Angry, violent men who unconcionnably perpetuate the violence that was done to us?

And if so, then I am ashamed to call myself a survivor......

#280453 - 03/23/09 08:26 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: joelRT]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

My verbal-only chastisement of the leader of the baboons triggered all sorts of scurrying of their rat parents. Not ONE ever asked how my son was doing, but they some EMAILED me to ask why I spoke to their kids. BTW: He wont go outside without me being out there.

Is anger and its behaviour wrong Joel? I as this in a sincere mode. What are you suggesting I do (shd have done)?

Still Not Recognized

#280457 - 03/23/09 09:08 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

I actually believe mad-dog children are a norm today.

Still Not Recognized

#280459 - 03/23/09 09:56 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Still]
Ikelives Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
We look at this differantly Joel. To me, a child's education through violence is not the way. You may have heard of death by bullying and how many suicides. There has to be a better way than survival of the fittest.

I do understand that we have heard this way of dealing with the problem all our lives, but like many other things, I believe this is one more belief that we need to leave in the past.

There are school systems that are dealing with bullying now. I understand that their methods are effective. Bullying can only exist if the community says it can. Some communities have said enough.

#280460 - 03/23/09 10:23 AM Re: WHO recovers? [Re: Ikelives]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

This not only got mis-understood but also blown way out of proportion in relationship to what I said.

Next time I'll just shut up and let you bullies win - I for one, throw in the towel!

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.