Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (JHNebraska, Cthulhu, 4 invisible), 25 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64171 Topics
447796 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#323134 - 02/23/10 08:22 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Mel Levine currently on his website lists that he gave three talks this fall that were sponsored by Jack Hirose and Associates, which produces seminars for mental health professionals. I wrote to Hirose to ask him if they knew that Levine had had his license revoked for sexual abuse. The organization told me this:

"We had 3 workshops with Mel Levine, and as soon as we found out, we cancelled all 3 of them, resulting in a great monetary loss to the company. But we didn't even need to think twice. With all the allegations and who-knows-what, we had no choice but severe ties with him. And we have made it of primary matter not to deal with him in the future.
Many people have voiced their concern, and we listened."

Well, this is an encouraging turn of events. So many people have defended Levine after the allegations came out. But Levine really needs to take those seminars off his website, as he never gave them.

Edited by pluckmemory (02/23/10 08:47 PM)

#323251 - 02/25/10 09:02 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

In addition to duping poor unsuspecting school districts to pay for him to talk about children, Levine is "guest blogging" in places like this one:

http://www.motherhoodlaterthansooner.com/blog/2010/02/guest-blog-post-your-childs-mind.html

#343842 - 11/01/10 02:07 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

I had forgotten all about this, but back in March of this year I wrote to the North Carolina Medical Board about former "doctor" Mel Levine falsely posting on his website that he had done seminars recently where in fact, he never appeared at all.

I just got a letter from the Executive Director David Henderson of the North Carolina Medical Board concerning this issue. He said, "Dr. Levine was made aware of your concerns and the Board took action in this matter by sending Dr. Levine a letter of concern."

He also stated that my complaint "will become part of the Board's permanent complaint file."

Good to know, but I still want to know why they are still referring to him as "Dr." Levine?

Edited by pluckmemory (11/01/10 02:08 PM)

#343844 - 11/01/10 02:22 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

I also see that Levine's site, www.drmellevine.com is "down."

Wonder if they made him take it down? Wonder if they're investigating him for further complaints? Would be nice to hear that the police were investigating him.

#344508 - 11/08/10 07:25 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

This is some pretty cool news. I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I'd completely forgotten about this guy - I'm glad you didn't, however. He's going to continue to try to pop up whenever he feels there's an opportunity, so I'm glad people like you are being vigilant. This individual has no business talking to anyone about children.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#344595 - 11/09/10 01:56 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: melliferal]
pluckmemory Offline

Over at the Websleuths site, someone pointed out a bio of Levine at "BookBrowse" where he was referred to as being "retired." Several of us wrote to BookBrowse and because of our complaints, they took out the "retired" and posted info about the molestation lawsuits:

http://www.bookbrowse.com/biographies/index.cfm/author_number/744/Dr-Mel-Lev

Here's what they added to their Levine bio last week:

In 2008, a civil lawsuit accused Dr Levine of sexually abusing young patients. While denying the accusations, Dr Levine, asked the North Carolina Medical Board to render his license inactive and volunteered to stop seeing patients at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was an adjunct professor of pediatrics at the School of Medicine. For more information see the New York Times 4/8/2008 and 3/20/2009.

Edited by pluckmemory (11/09/10 01:57 PM)

#353980 - 02/17/11 06:18 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

This just in from a friend in Boston: The news is reporting there that 40 (!) victims of Dr. Mel Levine have filed a class action lawsuit against him and Children's Hospital for molesting them during medical exams. (And remember, folks, unlike Dr. Willian Ayres, Levine was a bona fide board certified pediatrician!)

Victims of Levine date back to 1966. In his statement, Carmen Durso, lawyer for the boys says that they believe that Levine has molested as many as 5000 boys.

Ayres and Dr. Don Rife, another pedophile doctor, also worked at Children's Hospital- which is now being sued by the victims.

The news says that in one instance, Boston Children's Hospital took care of an abuse complaint internally but did not warn the appropriate agencies.

Edited by pluckmemory (02/17/11 06:19 PM)

#353982 - 02/17/11 06:36 PM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Pedophile doctors who worked at Boston Children's Hospital.

1959-1963: Dr. William Ayres
1964-1966: Dr. Donald Lee Rife
1966-1985: Dr. Mel Levine.

#354123 - 02/19/11 08:35 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
pluckmemory Offline

Shocker: Mel Levine found dead the day after a press conference in Boston to announce a class action suit brought by 40 of Levine's male victims. Lawyer Carmen Durso in the lawsuit states that as many as 5000 boys may have been molested by Levine.

"Doctor in Sex Abuse Suit Dies"
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massach...buse_suit_dies/

Edited by pluckmemory (02/19/11 08:38 AM)

#354131 - 02/19/11 11:51 AM Re: Dr. Mel Levine 's license revoked:abuse charg [Re: pluckmemory]
Canuck Offline

Loc: CA, United States
Originally Posted By: pluckmemory
Shocker: Mel Levine found dead

Huzzah!

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.