Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
4 registered (john22, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64189 Topics
447916 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#280080 - 03/19/09 03:37 PM Just Not Smart Enough
Clockwise Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
The title says it all really. That's how I feel lots of times, especially when I'm at school. I'm a sophomore in college and every semester I've been in school has been a complete disaster. I've failed so many classes and my GPA is way below a 2.0. I've never been an exceptional student- I've always been pretty sub par. I do like school and I like the idea of being in college but I just can't seem to do well. I do pay attention when I'm in class but I still fail. I don't study as much as I should, but even when I do it seems like as soon as I get to the test or exam everything I've studied completely goes out of my mind. Its not fair, I want to be in school. A buch of people at my job who were in college dropped out after like 1 year- I don't want that to be me. I feel like I'm just not smart enough for it. I dont't even know what my question is, so I guess this is just a vent. Thanks for listeing anyway.

Edited by Clockwise (03/19/09 03:37 PM)

#280086 - 03/19/09 04:56 PM Re: Just Not Smart Enough [Re: Clockwise]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I wouldn`t get too bummed. I came real close to flunking out of high school. Not because I was "partying" to much or anything like that (I hardly had any friends). I just could never get myself to study, I always figured why should I even bother, I`m not gonna get A`s. After high school I went right to work. After a few years of doing real bitch labor and making at maximum of $13/hour with no more possibility of promotion, I decided to go to tech school last fall. I`m getting better grades then I have my entire life. I realized that I don`t want to do backbreaking labor the rest of my life.

Just a suggestion, but maybe it`s time to take a semester off? You can always go back and I`m pretty sure most schools you can take a semester off without un-enrolling.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.