Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 15 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447733 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#279351 - 03/13/09 02:17 PM Bill in Maryland hearing March 17 2009
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I received the following request from Joan Para, staff member in the office of Maryland Senator Jim Brochin.

Quote:
I would like to reach Male Survivors, Inc. to make them aware of a bill that is coming before the Maryland Senate. If there are Maryland members of this organization that would be interested in testifying they could contact me at 410-841-3648. I am attaching the web site for the Maryland Senate, they will be able to put the information in and go directly to the web site and look at the bill which closes a loophole that has allowed certain pretators freedom from being listed on a sex offenders website. Thank you for any help you may be able to give us. The bill hearing is Tuesday, March 17th in Judicial Proceedings. http://mlis.state.md.us/2009rs/bills/sb/sb0425f.pdf Joan Para Senator Brochin's Staff 42nd Legislative District Maryland

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

#279702 - 03/16/09 06:34 PM Re: Bill in Maryland hearing March 17 2009 [Re: Ken Followell]
Tadd Offline

Thanks Ken for this post!

I called as they had requested but they are looking more for abuse victims within the past 10 years or so and who's abusers may or may not be still at large.

But thanks for the heads-up, it's a good thing to be abreast of these things happening for or about us in society.

Garrison

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.