Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
betterdays (29), ChevyMan76 (46), cuda (48), swartzhund (42), wdf9 (70)
Who's Online
5 registered (On The Fringe, Shyshark, 3 invisible), 62 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62520 Topics
438127 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#279176 - 03/12/09 11:08 AM return to innocense
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
This was a reply that I first made in the poetry section and decided that it was better suited for this forum.

I also came across an exerpt from a speech that Nelson Mandela gave some time ago. It may not be word for word but the true essence of the meaning is pretty clear.

"In creating Souls God made us unique. He did not stamp out an infinite number of us on an assembly line, identical matches of each other. No, we were created with special gifts and attributes that we can call our very own. Some are in the Arts and some are in the Sciences. Some are Physical and some are Mental. Each one of us has an assortment that we can utilize to the glory of God.

It is our responsibility to discover and develop these Gifts that we have been blessed with and to share them unselfishly with the rest of humanity. It is very selfish and self-centered to deny this fact with false humility brought on by various forms of fear and insecurity. We were made in His image, not in this world’s perceptions."

For all that I can remember of my life I have hid my true self from anyone. By pretending to be someone that I am not, I have not been able to fully develop the gifts that I have been bestowed with. Through this process of abuse recovery it is my intention to return to the true essence and innocense that I am. It is my intention to apply to the best of my ability the time and learning needed to restore the goodness and grace that God so freely gives. It is my intention to reach out and to help anyone in my path that is in true need of support.

Childlike innocence and openmindedness is my goal to strive for.

Let us go forth this day consciously acknowledging the Gifts we have been given. With a grateful attitude for what we have, may we develop our talents to bring His light to all who we meet and to all that we do. Amen

Steve

#279178 - 03/12/09 11:15 AM Re: return to innocense [Re: mapleleafsn]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i love the prayer steve, thanks for that.

more from nelson mandela:

Originally Posted By: used by nelson mandela in inaugural speech
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically
liberates others.”

Edited by Sans Logos (03/12/09 11:46 AM)
Edit Reason: some people say the quote originated with Maryanne Williamson

#279179 - 03/12/09 11:18 AM Re: return to innocense [Re: mapleleafsn]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada

Edited by joelRT (03/15/09 01:00 AM)
Edit Reason: leaving

#279180 - 03/12/09 11:30 AM Re: return to innocense [Re: Sans Logos]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada

Edited by joelRT (03/15/09 01:00 AM)
Edit Reason: leaving

#279189 - 03/12/09 02:07 PM Re: return to innocense [Re: joelRT]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
I have to put my two cents in here..
I know that the Bible says we are all made in the Image of God.
He is our Father and like a Father he want the very best for his children.
Innocense was given to us by birth. And from the first time your heart beat satin has been trying to steal,rob and distroy you and me. I learned that if God loves you ten so do I. My faith has kept me from becoming a statistics. To regain your innocense we must have faith like a child.
I have heard it said when a child is born it does not come with a owners manuel well it does it is called the Bible.
When you learn to trust God with everything and let him lead then you will beable to heal..
I dont mesn to preach I just love the Lord and he has blessed me so very much...
May God Richly Bless each of you
Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#279191 - 03/12/09 02:29 PM Re: return to innocense [Re: wojax]
tony2c Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ny

gary

I don't think I would have ever loved the Lord to the extent I do, if it were not for the CSA.
Even when I was suffering at the hands of my father the SA that would corrupt my innocense. I felt like I wasn't alone, someone was suffering through it with me, albeit silently.
this is folly to many without faith -- what a pity.
god bless you and grant you his peace
tony

#279204 - 03/12/09 05:02 PM Re: return to innocense [Re: tony2c]
wojax Offline

Thanks tony

#279284 - 03/13/09 12:09 AM Re: return to innocense [Re: wojax]
1love4christ Offline

Loc: ca, usa
very powerful message to get in touch with ourselves which is beyond our pain and past...awesome revelation...this will definelty stir inside for a while...thank you

#279342 - 03/13/09 12:59 PM Re: return to innocense [Re: 1love4christ]
wojax Offline

Hi Guys

It is so funny but I got an E-Mail today..Read Matthew 18:4-6

Moderator:  ModTeam, SamV 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.