Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (I Want 2 Thrive, Obi, susie, 2 invisible), 67 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63119 Topics
441403 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#279209 - 03/12/09 05:22 PM Nephew
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Guys
My nephew is 16 (just turned 16 a week ago) he was arrested 2 days ago, for gang related active. I dont know if he is guilty or not. I know he has had a very bad life, Im sure he has been molested by several people.. He dont need to go to jail. They want to try him as an adult. I dont kn0ow for a fact he was sexualy abused but yo0u can look into his eyes..
All I can do is sk you guys to remember Pete (ie) in your prayers
Thanks Gary

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#279243 - 03/12/09 08:18 PM Re: Nephew [Re: wojax]
lars3229 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa
Gary,

This sounds tough and my thoughts are with you. Be there for him, listen if he wants to talk, hold his hand, hug him when he needs it.

Peace bro,

Ken

like dust,
I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou

"I quite often remember to forget these sorts of things."
-Winnie the Pooh, The Tigger Movie

#279436 - 03/14/09 12:36 PM Re: Nephew [Re: wojax]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
Will do

Steve

#282314 - 04/05/09 10:16 AM Re: Nephew [Re: mapleleafsn]
Anarion Cti Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern US
So sorry to hear about it, Gary. I will be keeping Pete in my prayers!

"Whom have I in heaven or earth but You?"

#282388 - 04/05/09 04:32 PM Re: Nephew [Re: Anarion Cti]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Gary,

I also will pray for him.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#282468 - 04/06/09 01:13 AM Re: Nephew [Re: pufferfish]
Freedom49 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Gary,
It is so good to see your name up there. I have continued to pray for you and will add your nephew to the list which is long and full of wonderful guys I have met here.

Allen it is good to see your name too.

#282552 - 04/06/09 06:41 PM Re: Nephew [Re: Freedom49]
wojax Offline

Loc: Florida
Thanks guy

Jer 7:23 ps 91:16

#282727 - 04/08/09 03:24 AM Re: Nephew [Re: wojax]
1love4christ Offline

Loc: ca, usa
sorry to hear about what happened to your nephew but be assured that his life can be changed and transformed with jesus christ. i came out of gangs when i was 13 and did it with support and constant guidance from family and friends. i had protection but most of all, the desire to want to change. your 16 year old nephew will need knowledge about gangs and its consequences. i work in the juveniles inside the hall and trust me, most of them want to change but dont know how to get help and who to trust.

as for my case, i changed when i realized i had support and faith from others encouraging me to do more with my life. i had coaches who convinced me i was more than i could imagine.

so for your nephew, i would pour a tank of love onto him involving encouragement, discipline, knowledge, resources, counsel, and an ear for him to know you're listening and understand him.

instant change would be nice but the work you are doing on him will be imprints on his soul for life and he will remember it down the years. it took everything for me to change such as whoopings, my deep respect for my brothers, my true desire for sports and school, and the people in the backround who would always encourage me such as teachers, pastors, friends, family.

so ask about his goals, desires, future plans, and dreams. he may not know until someone asks and show they care for him to realize there is one. god bless and pete is in my prayers.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.