Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
2 registered (Tiger1982, lapchinj), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443450 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#278834 - 03/09/09 09:05 PM Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
The body of a young man, sexually assaulted and murdered in Toronto in 1967 was finally identified recently. The following is an email I sent to the reporter Michael Dick of the CBC.

Hi Michael:

I watched you piece on Eric Jones tonight with great interest, as well as with deep regret. The grief of the family while waiting so long for identification must have been dreadful.

My regret felt from your segment came following the interview with the police. As a man of 52, I began last year to finally come to terms with the fact that I was sexually assaulted in Toronto in 1970. If you do some research, you will note that many men, myself included, denied, forgot or excluded the memory from our minds. At 52 though, things started to fester, and I got into some really good therapy to help me deal with the aftermath. My regret though, stems from the fact that when I attempted last year to give Toronto Police a complaint about my perpetrator, they simply were not interested because he is dead. He died in 1985, before the days of computerized record keeping I guess. My purpose in giving the report was to simply provide them with info, and to perhaps help some other man either before me, or after me, to know they were not alone. I tried to explain this to the Police, but they were clearly not interested. After watching your segment tonight, I could not help but wonder whether the murderer of Eric Jones has already been reported, or someone has attempted to report the murderer in a similar context of assault, but the police dismissed the info as irrelevant and untimely.

The National Clearing House on Family Violence (Health Canada) suggests that 1 in 6 men will be sexually assaulted before they reach the age of 18. As a social worker in a correctional facility, I'd estimate that number to be at least 25%, or higher. If you'd like more info on this topic, please see www.themensproject.ca or www.malesurvivor.org .

In closing, I hope that the Toronto Police have not already dismissed as irrelevant information that would bring the murderer of Eric Jones, and any other man who has been sexually assaulted, to justice.

If you'd like any more info, please do not hestitate to email me back.

Jim

#278885 - 03/10/09 09:38 AM Re: Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS [Re: Geeders]
pluckmemory Offline

Excellent letter. Thanks for sharing.

#278902 - 03/10/09 01:59 PM Re: Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS [Re: Geeders]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Geeders
I was sexually assaulted in Toronto in 1970.

Jim

I'm not sure whether you are referring to the man in your survivor story or not.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#278911 - 03/10/09 03:31 PM Re: Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS [Re: Geeders]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

***Triggering*** smirk

The body of a young man, sexually assaulted and murdered in Toronto in 1967 was finally identified recently.

interview with the police. . . . I was sexually assaulted in Toronto in 1970. . . .when I attempted last year to give Toronto Police a complaint about my perpetrator, they simply were not interested because he . . . died in 1985,

I could not help but wonder whether the murderer of Eric Jones has already been reported,

Jim,

Your letter caught my attention because I have had some of the same kind of interest in a perp when I was 12 (this was 1951). He had threatened me many, many times with a knife. He deep-throated another boy in my presence. I assumed the boy was dead and the last I saw of him the perp was carrying him out. I was told the same thing might happen to me. I was told that I could easily be found as a presumed drowning victim. The location was near the swimming area for the Chesapeake Bay. The next night I had a near-death experience when the perp deep-throated me.

I wondered if the perp might have actually killed some boys under similar circumstances. I did an on-line search of newspaper archives for that city (Washington D.C.). I came up with a rather chilling and long list of "boys found dead" and "boys found drowned" in that area over about a 15 year span (around 1950). I think that they are all cold cases and unsolved cases. I have no sure way of connecting any of these to what happened to me. One boy was found dead in a sack near the side of a road in Virginia. The sack was a military sack.

Another twist to this concerns the guy that shot up Virginia Tech a couple of years ago. As a boy he had lived not too far from the perp I am talking about. He wrote some weird stuff about an old man tormenting him (was it CSA?). He turned that in for his English class. Everybody dismissed it as the writing of a mentally-ill guy. Now I'm wondering if he had been CSA'd by the same perp I am talking about. The time line would mesh with the stuff I am talking about.

Why has it taken me so long to make this public? I was subjected to repeated threats of death with his knife poking at me. I was terrorized and tortured and CSA'd.

The statute of limitations in Washington D.C. is ridiculously low.

I would sincerely like to hear what some of you think about this. It is therapeutic for me to air it publicly. I have written a summary of the cold cases of dead boys I found in my search.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#278955 - 03/10/09 09:32 PM Re: Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS [Re: pufferfish]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
I was sexually assaulted in Toronto in 1970.

Jim

I'm not sure whether you are referring to the man in your survivor story or not.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Allen: Yes, I was first assaulted in 1970. It stopped in 1972. I don't for one minute believe that I was the first. I do think that I was perhaps the last.

I am not suggesting that the man who perped against me is the same one who murdered Eric Jones. My point is simply that last year I tried to report my assault/abuse as an historical event. The Police were not interested. Given their response to me, I have to wonder if the murderer of Eric Jones has already been reported, but discounted due to it being historical, with the then alleged perp now perhaps dead.

Does this answer your question Allen?

Jim

Edited by Geeders (03/11/09 06:31 PM)
Edit Reason: corrected typo

#279025 - 03/11/09 01:53 AM Re: Body found in 1967 finally identified TRIGGERS [Re: Geeders]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jim: Yes it does. Thank you.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.