Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Beluga (64), Isreal101 (65), Phil Sober (41), phil1973 (41), Teddy Bear (63)
Who's Online
2 registered (JW1230, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63645 Topics
444495 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#278454 - 03/06/09 11:39 AM Another case for drug legalization:
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
My reasoning is that if people could buy pharmaceutically/pure and regulated drugs at the local drug store, stuff like this wouldn't happen:

Deadly animal drug found in Denver cocaine

And before I hear replies like "Drug use would explode" and "people would be falling over dead in the streets" and "what about the children?", just remember that before the Harrison Narcotics Act was passed back in 1914, any CHILD could LEGALLY walk into any neighborhood pharmacy or general store and buy PURE cocaine, PURE morphine, etc. Interesting how we didn't have a "drug crisis" back then either. Oh, but we CAN'T allow citizens in a "free country" have access to unadulterated/uncontaminated drugs, because to do so would "send the wrong signal".

Speaking of which. South of the Mexican border, they're nailing up their "Proud to Be Recognized As a Full Partner in the War on Drugs" signs, recently shipped out by the U.S. government after they've once again been "recertified" as a "Full Partner". It doesn't actually matter whether the Mexican authorities are cracking down on their drug barons or whether their so-called "drug czar" and half the cops are on the take; Washington still "recertifies" them, because not to do so could send "the wrong signal." Needless to say, it also doesn't matter that thousands of Mexican citizens have been recently killed because of our country exporting it's puritan philosophy to a 3rd world country and turning it into a narco-state that's about to collapse.

Just remember, freedom to choose a drug of choice cannot be allowed in a "free country" because it would (all together now!) "send the wrong signal".

Deadly animal drug found in Denver cocaine

The additive can poison a body, and a Denver man has already been hospitalized:

By Joey Bunch
The Denver Post

Cocaine on Denver streets could be more dangerous than usual infused with an animal medication that can kill or sicken those who snort or smoke it, police and health officials warned Thursday.

"We're very concerned about public safety," said Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson.

"Drugs are illegal and dangerous enough, much less when they're laced with such a dangerous drug that's corrosive to the body and potentially deadly."

A victim of levamisole poisoning remains in Denver Health Medical Center after showing up at the hospital last week with a severely compromised immune system, officials said.

Police are aggressively searching for the source of the drugs, Jackson said.

So far the unidentified Denver man is the only known metro-area victim.

The U.S. Department of Justice reported a spike in the use of levamisole in cocaine last year, from 9 percent of confiscated cocaine to 19 percent.

Drug dealers commonly use cheaper powders, including talcum and aspirin, to cut cocaine and extend the supply for more sales. Officials aren't speculating on why levamisole, a relatively expensive additive, is turning up.

Health officials in New Mexico said in January they were investigating 11 poisoning cases, including one fatality, involving cocaine laced with levamisole. Users range in age from 26 to 72, according to the New Mexico Department of Health.

Levamisole poisoning cases have also been reported in New York, Delaware and Canada since January 2008, according to public health warnings from those states.

"Now, more than ever, it is important for people who use cocaine to stop immediately and get into treatment," Denver Public Health director Chris Urbina said in a statement Thursday afternoon.

Early warning signs of the poisoning are fever and chills. Anyone who has used cocaine but has not shown those symptoms should still seek immediate medical help, authorities urged.

Because of its blow to the immune system, a common infection could prove deadly, they said.

As a cancer-treatment drug, levamisole has the potential severe side effects of hives, difficulty breathing, closing of the throat and swelling of the lips, tongue or face, as well as fainting, confusion, extreme fatigue, memory loss and numbness or tingling, according to medical references.

#278470 - 03/06/09 03:14 PM Re: Another case for drug legalization: [Re: Hauser]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

thanks for sharing this bro...

interesting take on the dark underbelly of a dis-eased society which legislation can never address.

*** the dis-eased society is global, this is an equal dysfunction post ***

I believe that MS, the 12-step movement, and other inclusive and love based groups are the core hope for curing the disease of the human species.

Love and best wishes, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#278471 - 03/06/09 03:25 PM Re: Another case for drug legalization: [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Alan,

If you are stupid enough to buy a powder off the street by someone you probably know very little or nothing about(something that i have done in the past). That is powder is supposely cocaine but has been cut with a deadly animal drug. And you snort or injected it and you posion yourself. How in the world do you jump to the conclusion it is the federal governments fault. Whatever happen to personal responsibility?

The only statement that makes any sense in this post is by
Chris Urbina, director of the Denver Public Health "Now more than ever,it is important for people who use cocaine to stop immedicately and get treatment." these are words to live by litterally.

Sorry but there are no everyday uses for such drugs as cocaine, morphine,etc. There maybe some medical uses for these drugs so it should be restricted to the discretion of doctors when and to whom these drugs are needed.

Alan, have you ever known someone who is truely addicted to these drugs. It is not a pretty experience for them or anyone else that cares about them. They reach a point in their addictions that NOTHING is as important as the next fix. And they will do ANYTHING to get it.

I agree the "war on drugs" is a joke but drug addiction is no joking matter.

Remember that to use some drugs is just a bad discision for everybody.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#278489 - 03/06/09 07:33 PM Re: Another case for drug legalization: [Re: michael banks]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
This isn't the first time that I have heard of something similar happening. There was some bad "angel dust" going around Cleveland and Akron for a short time back in 1980, there was somebody selling horse tranquilizers claiming that it was some other drug before, I have seen heroin-laced as well as PCP-laced marijuana before, and there have been too many other times when someone sold a street drug cut with something dangerous to count. This just seems to be a sometime fact of the illegal drug business, the fresh food business too.

In both cases it involves a long tradition know as "buyer beware".

At one time I thought that most street drugs could be legalized and taxed, which would guarantee purity too, and I thought that we could just give drugs to addicts to eliminate drug crime. After all, nobody can be a drug addict forever, I thought. But over time I have discovered just how much better your chances are in recovery when you are clean off of dope. If I hadn't spent a lot of time in drug treatment myself, I wouldn't be here to enjoy my freedom and I wouldn't be here to try to encourage other guys towards theirs either.

I should have been dead a long time ago, and would have been by now if hard drugs were legal.

Mark

#278922 - 03/10/09 04:24 PM Re: Another case for drug legalization: [Re: Trucker51]
Corbin327 Offline

Loc: New York
The only drug I've ever supported the legalization of is marijuana. If it's something natural to the Earth and doesn't have to undergo any sort of processing to be enjoyed, there must be a good reason for it being there.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.