Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Jeremy (29), john22 (31), just starting (58)
Who's Online
4 registered (DaiseyLady, 3 invisible), 18 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64184 Topics
447880 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#278296 - 03/05/09 09:41 AM my brother
JBells Offline

Loc: Juneau
think i mentioned this on here before. my brother, who was one of my abusers, probably the worst one because of the way he did things. he's continued to harrass me, its just on-going verbal abuse and intimidation right up until last week. so i took some advice and got a restraining order. not because i really thought it would keep him away but because the embarassment and fear he'd feel and the fact that i actually pushed back. Anyway, i called him and told him it was coming. I also told him exactly what it would say refering to physical/sexual abuse. For the first time ever that i can remember he was just speechless, i could tell it was an awkward moment for him and i loved it lol. he said nothing for a few minutes and then he started talking, stuttering over his words, and i could hear it in his voice, finally him, not me who was afraid. It was all i could do not to laugh out loud. So he's basically leaving messages and emailing me, he wants to get together and "talk things out" LOL. Imagine that? he all of a sudden wants to talk things out with his kid brother. excuse me while i puke. I told him it was just too late. This may not seem like a big deal to anyone but me and thats ok. First time in my life i ever did anything to stand up to them and it feels pretty good. JB

#278299 - 03/05/09 09:58 AM Re: my brother [Re: JBells]
Juni Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida, WPB
JB

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is inspiring for those, like myself, who lack the courage. You faced the fear and take back control. Wow! You are a bigger man than I am for sure.

At the same time, an opportunity to make things right with you siblings is pure gold. It is a shame that it took a restraining order to bring it about, but this is also an opportunity I wish I had, an opportunity to bury the hatchet and have a good relationship once again. If it were me, I would take another look at that opportunity some time down the road.

Juni

#278304 - 03/05/09 10:35 AM Re: my brother [Re: Juni]
JBells Offline

i don't see it as an opportunity to make things right with him, i haven't done anything to him that i need to make right and he never gave me any chance at a normal life or any choices so im not giving him any chance to try and make things right. its too late. theres nothing he could say to me that would make it right. plus he's not sorry, he's scared. and its got nothing to do with being a bigger man or lacking courage. i just had enough of his shit. whats the worst that could happen? nothing. he's already done the worst to me, theres nothing else he could do. i loved him so much before it all started and i loved him the entire time he was hurting me because i wanted him to love me back. thats not too much to ask for. part of me still loves him and wants him to love me but then i think about what his definition of love was and the anger takes over.

#278308 - 03/05/09 10:58 AM ... [Re: JBells]
St3v3n Offline

#278309 - 03/05/09 11:08 AM Re: my brother [Re: JBells]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
jb!

Quote:
so i took some advice and got a restraining order. not because i really thought it would keep him away but because the embarassment and fear he'd feel and the fact that i actually pushed back.

^^^^^^^
this is so incredible!

it just makes me wanna

#278311 - 03/05/09 11:27 AM Re: my brother [Re: Sans Logos]
JBells Offline

that was good, no idea who it is but its good. I was thinking something a little more 2009, but its good smile

#278313 - 03/05/09 11:38 AM Re: my brother [Re: St3v3n]
lars3229 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa
"This may not seem like a big deal to anyone but me and thats ok. First time in my life i ever did anything to stand up to them and it feels pretty good. JB"

I think you did the right thing. Bravo JB. smile

Ken

like dust,
I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou

"I quite often remember to forget these sorts of things."
-Winnie the Pooh, The Tigger Movie

#278315 - 03/05/09 11:49 AM Re: my brother [Re: lars3229]
Riley Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
This post actually made me laugh out loud when I read it. I can`t even imagine getting angry, confronting, or even stop striving for my brothers acceptance. Thanks for having the courage that I wish I had.

#278322 - 03/05/09 12:30 PM Re: my brother [Re: Riley]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
JB,

that's a HUGE thing man!!!

you are taking a big step forward in taking back the control that was taken away from you by the abuse of your brother - he's no longer in control - his response proves that - I can only imagine how good it's got to feel to be able to take back that power from him - to finally be able to take back that which he took from you so many years ago

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#278327 - 03/05/09 01:22 PM Re: my brother [Re: TJ jeff]
JBells Offline

thanks. it feels really good, like really really good. i should have done it years ago

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.