Newest Members
mojo, James M, FredM88, Vermona, Jas52
12111 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
chrisH (34), Malaki619 (32), worcester2003 (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 84 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12111 Members
73 Forums
62499 Topics
438053 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#277453 - 02/27/09 03:43 PM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: michael banks]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: michael banks
Andy,

I love reading the paper. It was an great escape as a kid.
But I sure don't miss the pile of garabe it becomes when to have a subscibtion. I still like to read one when I on the john.
But now days I get my news off the web.

Mike

I on the other hand don't enjoy reading the paper at all except on Sundays cuz I like the Sunday funnies and all those neat add flyers!

I certainly wouldn't miss it of "The Oregonian" went out of print.

#277522 - 02/27/09 10:13 PM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: WalkingSouth]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
Alan,

When I saw opportunity, I wrote letters to the editor of the RMN and had a chance to get an alternative viewpoint published. Most of the time, they printed my letters.

Now all we have is the Denver Pravda, a worse paper than the RMN.

Andy

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#277542 - 02/28/09 01:11 AM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: FormerTexan]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Andy,

When all the newspapers are gone just think how many fewer trees will need to be cut down. That should make alot of tree huggers happy.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#277551 - 02/28/09 02:06 AM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: michael banks]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Won't have to haul any more big rolls of newsprint, big tanks of ink, or those pesky newspaper inserts anymore either!!!

Mark

#277561 - 02/28/09 08:42 AM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: Trucker51]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
I was posting on a different message board a few hours ago and referred to a story in a newspaper I'd bought - but I hadn't read it in the paper, just online, I buy two newspapers per week just to cover all bases when looking for work.

So newspapers really do have to change or die, the London Evening Standard's sale for two bucks to a Russian businessman shows that the change is still ongoing. I think while people need jobs and rooms for rent and other things that revolve around classified ads, there will always be physical newspapers you can pick up - just maybe not with 20 sections on the weekend. How I don't miss the Saturday Guardian anymore.

Also it depends what you read, I'm not in Canada to enjoy the Globe and Mail on the weekend, I can only read the website, when following Canadian affairs.

#277588 - 02/28/09 01:24 PM Re: My newspaper is closing [Re: FormerTexan]
riveerboy Offline

Loc: Indiana
It was the best paper for a Sunday morning cup of coffee, or ten, while reading it at the kitchen table. Perfect table top paper.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.