Newest Members
Jay1159, jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312
12343 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 12 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12343 Members
74 Forums
63439 Topics
443465 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#277090 - 02/25/09 11:20 AM so many problems....
yallayalla Offline

I am a survivor, age 5 is when it went down. I turn abused someone else. I never dealt with the pain and hurt for years until this past year. The reason was I cheated on my wife and went to therapy to find out why. I was in a relationship, but still felt lonely. I was trying to heal, but not sure why, and what for. So now my wife and I are much better, although problems still come up. I am still struggling with all this. I was to apologize to the person who I abused. I want to feel better. God I hate all this pain, insecutrity and anxiety.

will it end?

#277092 - 02/25/09 11:23 AM Re: so many problems.... [Re: yallayalla]
riveerboy Offline

Loc: Indiana
I don't know about endings. But it sounds like you have begun a great start. That's the biggest part of healing. Good Luck to you my friend.

Peace

#277093 - 02/25/09 11:27 AM Re: so many problems.... [Re: riveerboy]
yallayalla Offline

thanks. I never told anyone about being abused. I told my therapist, and she left for a new job 3 weeks later. My new therapist and I haven't really clicked. If only I couldn't have dealt with this the right way BEFORE hurting my wife.

#277097 - 02/25/09 11:46 AM Re: so many problems.... [Re: yallayalla]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada

Edited by joelRT (03/15/09 01:52 AM)
Edit Reason: leaving

#277100 - 02/25/09 11:56 AM Re: so many problems.... [Re: joelRT]
yallayalla Offline

thanks, I'm glad I found this place. I know I can do this, I just need to see the light.

Ryan

#277105 - 02/25/09 12:46 PM Re: so many problems.... [Re: yallayalla]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
ryan, you are not alone now!!!

(((((ryan)))))

so glad you found us! step into the boat and be with us now,

your brother on the healing path,

ron

#277113 - 02/25/09 02:25 PM Re: so many problems.... [Re: yallayalla]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi yallayalla,

Welcome to MS. I am glad you found us. You do have a lot going on. It is good that you are very focused on wanting to work through all this. It does take time though. I'm sorry that your previous T (therapist) ended up moving on to a different career and now your current T you don't click with. Perhaps you can look around for another one.

I'm so sorry what happened to you when you were 5. We all have similar stories in that department and we all have ongoing effects from it. The effects each of us deal with can vary wildly. I had fallen into some of the same things you went through too. I however have never married. I am so sorry that this contributed to you cheating on your wife. I sense genuine remorse in you about it. How is your relationship with your wife going?

Again, welcome. You are among friends here. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions and please know we're all here to care for one another. I hope you can receive some of the care that you need from us.

Mike

#277225 - 02/25/09 10:59 PM Re: so many problems.... [Re: Barkabus]
ericc Offline
MaleSurvivor

Welcome to MS. This is a great place to share and learn about yourself and get a better understanding of the affects the abuse has had on you. I know for myself it helped to share with others what I went through external to this site, but it has helped a whole lot more to share with people who understand what it feels like and have been through similar things. I don't think I could have started to make progress with this without knowing there were others who truly understood the pain and all the other stuff that goes along with the territory. I have learned a lot about myself from this place and I hope you can find it a helpful place as well.

Eric

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.