Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
5 registered (whiteflag, lapchinj, Observador, Ocellaris, 1 invisible), 21 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63412 Topics
443345 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#276897 - 02/24/09 09:55 AM Balance
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Balance,

Is a word that I just recently saw in a post here at M/S. But for the life of me I am not sure that this word really means. Not in my life or anybody elses that I know of.
It seems to me that we all are running from one extreme to the other trying to find balance or meaning out of our lives.
Even in national and international news it seems that we are all trying to find some kind of balance in life.
But is balance just illiusion that we all are chasing? Like being normal? The illision that we can really exert some kind of control in this choas called life.
Or is the process of life just an incontrolable thing? That we have to learn to adjust to the best of our ability.
I am begining to believe it is the latter.
What about you?

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#276905 - 02/24/09 10:33 AM Re: Balance [Re: michael banks]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
balance is something we allow to happen. once we give up trying to find it, it finds us.

sometimes zen answers can be annoying, because they don't shed light on 'how to' get there. but really that's the problem, there is no where to get.

beginning the recovery process is like steeping out of one canoe into another.

you begin to traverse the chapters of your life between pre and post disclosure admitting to yourself of the impact of the abuse how it shaped and formed the trajectory of your life, beginning with the influence it had on your brain chemistry from the moment of the initial experience onward.

then when you come to your senses, you soon discover the many ways it had derailed your full potential, and in the shift between those two worlds, the first one where there was a lot of energy spent trying to control things, and the second where you just learn to let go and let god, you end up tetter totting back and forth, in an effort to maintain the equilibrium that is disturbed by trying to shift weight from one world to the next.

balance is possible, but only after the need to seek it dissolves of its own accord. and that can only happen when one disinvests and loses the need to control it. once you are firmly situated in the other canoe, there is no need to raise or entertain the notion of imbalance.

that's what i have found to be true so far in my life,

ron

#276909 - 02/24/09 10:44 AM Re: Balance [Re: michael banks]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
Balance,

Yes...!!! this is an interesting word, which I also think about conceptually.

Let me also say, I come from a wrestling background...and if I push to hard, this force can be used against me, by pulling and vice versa...

So...when I think about balance, I also think about the stance of being neutral.

Some might think I am a fence sitter, in the stance of neither pushing or pulling, but I find huge power in finding my emotional center.

Riding the storm out (REO Speedwagon)

island

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.