Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (peroperic2009, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63229 Topics
442154 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#27642 - 04/26/02 05:49 PM Finally Got My Licence! oh man...
Broken Offline

Loc: Huntingtun Beach, CA, US
I passed my driving test, got four wrong. On saturday i have to call up a bunch of places in the newspaper, look up some places online, and start driving around.

When i got it first i felt like i had done something wrong, like i didnt deserve it. I feel better about it now, but that nagging feeling is still there.

I am almost away from my mother. I know she sexually molested me, and i know that what i have remembered is just the beggining. I think she did the kind of things that make what my brother did to me seem to pale in comparison. I keep seeing strange things through a haze, things that seem so bad i cant believe they happened. Ive heard that female abusers, mothers in particular, can be extreme in acts of degrigation and manipulation, and i feel like ive inadvertantely walked into a minefield. I get scared just typing about it here, but that probably means its got some basis in fact. I cant believe im trying to open this box, i feel like id have to crazy to want to remember. I dont know if i want ot remember things like what i hear about, even if they are true. I know i must, but can anyone prepare for a memory like having your mother give you enemas everyday, or being abused with a dildo or something? I feel like im stuck in that moment right before being struck, knowing the blow is coming, knowing you can do nothing to stop it.

But right now, i cant live up to the fact that i may be living with a monster, that shes cooking me food and paying for my insurance. I just have to get away.

#27643 - 04/26/02 09:10 PM Re: Finally Got My Licence! oh man...
Thad Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Oakland, CA
Broken
Congratulations! Being able to drive will give you some freedom to get around and help your moving out, for sure.

I know your struggle about realizing that your mother was abusive - when I recovered my abuse memories it was crazy making and I didn't have to live with her because she had died. The memories are the hardest - and all I can say is that it gets better in time and you will be able to handle them - getting them out is better than living with result of burying them for the rest of your life. But, nothing about it is easy - you have my support.

For me, it was hard to deal with the fact that the mother-child bond which should have been there was not - at least now I know why.

I am so glad you are getting out of there and you are right to keep it cool until you get out. It must take a lot of effort - you are a brave person for what you have/are going through. Hang in there buddy.

I wish I could help. I know that it is hard to deal with the system and get some help, but if you can, there are services available - the site I sent you for section 8, even though it takes some time and they put you on a waiting list, is one place to start - maybe you could get the clock rolling on it for backup.

Take care, broken

....t

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.