Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
10 registered (ethereo222, Brokenwife, 5 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63224 Topics
442111 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#276539 - 02/22/09 12:44 AM Re: Today Im. [Re: M3]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi Mike.

Today i'm another year older and deeper in debt. ( a song by Tennesee Earnie Ford) many years ago.

A happy birthday to you. To both little Mike and big Mike.

Heal well both.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#276802 - 02/23/09 05:34 PM Re: Today Im. [Re: lars3229]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Joel,

I asked my T if there were any counselors that did counseling via video conferencing or webcam-to-webcam over the internet. She said there's actually a whole practice built on it now and it's called Distance Counceling. She said the board that certifies counselors would have a resource for certified distance counselors.

One website defined it this way: "Distance Counseling is a counseling approach that takes the best practices of traditional counseling as well as some of its own unique advantages and adapts them for delivery to clients via electronic means in order to maximize the use of technology-assisted counseling techniques. The technology-assisted methods may include telecounseling (telephone), secure email communication, chat, videoconferencing or computerized stand-alone software programs."

Anyway - just wanted to let you and any other users that are 'remotely-located' or in 'service-limited' locations to know that there's still counseling options even in the most remote locations.

So I Google'd "Distance Counseling" and found http://www.adca-online.org/ (American Distance Counseling Association).

Anyway - just an idea - hope you are well.

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#276803 - 02/23/09 05:53 PM Re: Today Im. [Re: Survivinguy]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Qubec, Canada

Edited by joelRT (03/15/09 02:03 AM)
Edit Reason: leaving

#277354 - 02/26/09 08:16 PM Re: Today Im. [Re: joelRT]
nevragan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NC
confused as to why I am here.
no i'm not suicidal just depressed and pondering why i am here and why anyone has to go thru any type of sexual abuse.

what is the purpose of putting people thru hell by letting this happen.

guess this ties into my beliefs somehow. i was raised lutheran and am pondering the word "why" when it comes to many subjects. all of this pain and misery doesn't make much sense of being a way to teach and make one stronger.

maybe i have too many questions, don't know.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.