Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
closerthenveins (26), Nvolpicelli (24), Sven (19)
Who's Online
6 registered (Jude, 5 invisible), 42 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441389 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#275648 - 02/17/09 12:50 PM Is it true that
Marinan Offline

Is it true that its actually rare for children to be raped by their fathers. For a while I thought that it was normal.

And, if its wrong for them to do that, why do people mention the culture for the reason why its wrong? Why can't something be wrong just because its wrong?

#275652 - 02/17/09 01:16 PM Re: Is it true that [Re: Marinan]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
hi marinan,

cultural taboos discourage parents using their offspring as sexual objects, true.

from my perspective, morally, one of the things that makes it prohibitive is that there is not an equality of power. a child cannot give informed consent to such a relationship. the lack of equal power destroys that possibility, and because the child has not gained enough psychological and emotional independence, the child, out of fear of loss of support, can only comply.

there are laws protecting children from such predatory behavior, but unfortunately in cases where children are abused behind the closed doors of the cloistered dysfunctional family system, they, unfortunately, have no other model to compare their lives to, and so they are left to feel as if this is 'normal', [probably not a good word], or perhaps rather that such behavior is sanctioned by the larger society.

i am sure there are others here who can explain why laws have been created to restrict such behavior. i only speak from my own instincts here.

using a child for sex is vile and disgusting behavior, and people who do such things should be punished to the full extent of the law [castration anyone?] for such egregious acts.

just some thoughts,

ron
ps: i am glad to see you asking this question, btw. we don't get a chance too often to address these topics that contain the major 'ick' factor. but we need to, because there are many men who come here who have had this experience at a very early age. i am glad you brought it out into the open for discussion.

#275653 - 02/17/09 01:18 PM Re: Is it true that [Re: Sans Logos]
Marinan Offline

Well, I don't believing in castrating anyone. Even people who deserve it. I do think that the death penalty would be more gentle. Ecspecially if someone is innocent of that crime.

#275660 - 02/17/09 01:46 PM Re: Is it true that [Re: Marinan]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Sorry guys, but study after study has shown that castration is not a deterent for abherent sexual behaviours. And that abherent sexual behaviours are not sexually motivated but are always about the assertion of power.

Sexual desire is born in the brain and only afterward does the body respond. Men who have had their tetes removed are still very capable of achieving erection and (dry) orgasm.

While removing the testes does lower the sex drive (due to a greatly reduced testoterone influx) somewhat, testoterone is also manufactured in other glands as well.

Anyone for labotomies for sexual predators?

#275662 - 02/17/09 01:54 PM Re: Is it true that [Re: joelRT]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Joel,

Then we would have to provide for them the rest of their lives.
I am for hanging them from a tree like was done in 1900's in the public square at noon on sunday after church. You think the other preps would get the message?

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#275664 - 02/17/09 02:00 PM Re: Is it true that [Re: michael banks]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Sadly, no, Mike - it would just make them all that much threatening to their victims, intimidating and secretive.

When you're hell bent on hurting someone, you'll find a way.................look at what they did to us and how they went about it.......

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.