Newest Members
jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive, BCtejas, JHNebraska
12494 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (genedebs, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12494 Members
74 Forums
64160 Topics
447746 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#275606 - 02/17/09 03:54 AM would you take the pill?
1love4christ Offline

Loc: ca, usa
Hello brothers in christ,

I was overhearing on the christian radio station how a new pill has come out that has raised ethical issues. This new pill allows for painful memories to be forgotten and erased from our memories.

I called the radio station and told them how I would not take the pill despite dealing with the horrible fact and images of being raped as a child by my own family member.

I would like to present my argument as for not taking the pill:

1. I do not want a quick fix despite how desirable it seems when i'm struggling with the pain.

2. my healing comes from god through our lord and savior jesus christ who is bigger than any pain and struggle he has overcomed himself already.

3. I will not once again minimize my pain by believing a pill can take care of the horrible abuse as if it compares.

4. It completely dehumanizes my own faith, soul, beliefs and being to imagine that a pill could heal me but not a loving support cast of christ followers or the savior himself.

5. and I will repeat myself once again, only love, the true way of life, jesus christ can begin to shed light into my dark heart before any pill or thing on earth.

I share this with you brothers to remind ourselves how much jesus christ holds your life in his hands and the power to heal, love, forgive, and resurrect life. Although jesus christ has the power over the earth and heaven to do god's will, he will never minimize your pain as our abuser once did by simply giving you a pill. I imagine our lord and savior will treat you as a new born infant as a mother cares for it. for in this, we are new borns in god's kingdom and brought up with special care from the king himself.

therefore, I ask you to be honest and share with me if you would take that pill and why?

god bless

Edited by 1love4christ (02/17/09 03:56 AM)

#275611 - 02/17/09 08:18 AM Re: would you take the pill? [Re: 1love4christ]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
i am with you nestor.

i would not want to lose that dimension of the human experience that can only be appreciated through intervention and in relationship to the divine. god does for us what we cannot do for ourselves.

for me, it's not just about being 'heal-thish'. no one can escape pain and suffering. it's all part of the experience of being alive.

from knowing about the experience of other survivors, especially while still ensconced in the victim mentality, there seems to be a tendency to wish things never happened, or that they had never been born.

but there is a silver lining, that being we can find healing from the ravages of the experiences of sexual abuse in communities like male survivor.

while male survivor does not offer us a pill, it in many respects is a modern day 'pool of siloam' for many survivors. we come here and we wait until the moment the waters bubbles inviting us to step in and receive that promised purification.

after the baptism by fire in the experience of sexual abuse, a nice relaxing immersion into the pool of siloam would seem an appropriate solution to salve the pain.

yea, take the plunge, not the pill.

there's a thought ...... sorry... i seem to have gotten off track.... who the hell is inside me making my finger type this stuff, is beyond me.

.....back to pondering, and waiting for more bubbles,

ron

#275616 - 02/17/09 08:41 AM Re: would you take the pill? [Re: Sans Logos]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi, all.

Count me in on the plunge, and not the pill.

Sounds like some snake oil medicine remedy to me. Oh excuise me, you young fellas probably have never heard of that old term. ha ha.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.