Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueelectron9 (48), Grunty1967b (2014), highflight (42), jocks44 (54), kitm1 (47), Porrick (44)
Who's Online
2 registered (pufferfish, VASurvivor), 14 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63417 Topics
443373 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#275516 - 02/16/09 01:45 PM A book about triggers for young victims
didi Offline

Loc: USA
I would like to Thank every one of you who helped me through the sexual assault of my 4yr. old son and 4yr. old nephew. All of you really gave me the strength to help them and not go postal on the neighbor! I directed my energy into writing a childrens book about triggers geared toward 4-7 yr. olds. It is in the publishers hands now. I wrote the book for the kids,however the therapist urged me to publish it because there are no books available for children that young about this. Trigger's are scary enough let alone not knowing what they are and why they are happening. Thank all of you from the bottom of my heart!!! Warm Regards, Didi

#275921 - 02/18/09 09:38 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: didi]
EGL Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Wow, Didi, that is wonderful!!!! This is so great what you have done. You're making a difference in a lot of young people's lives, and that is so cool.

#275936 - 02/18/09 10:27 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: EGL]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

didi,

I'm interested in knowing more about the book and your approach. Just call it personal curiosity I guess. You can PM me if you wish.

Thanks,

John

#275940 - 02/18/09 10:39 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: WalkingSouth]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
im also intrigued by this book, talking about triggers in a language and way that children understand and feel safe with must be very difficult

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#276108 - 02/19/09 07:21 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: king tut]
didi Offline

Thank you for your feedback everyone! . My son was experiencing triggers daily and I would have to invent new ideas on what a trigger is, how it makes you feel and what to do about it in a healthy way. I started writing it down on paper with pictures so that my son would be interested in it and really understand what I was saying. (I searched every where for a book geared toward young children and found nothing) I showed the therapist and she urged me to publish it. I introduced the book to a publishing company and they were very interested. It is not a long book, however, it really gets to the point.

Edited by didi (04/15/09 06:59 AM)

#276185 - 02/20/09 07:13 AM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: didi]
didi Offline

This criminal act broke all of our hearts.

Edited by didi (04/15/09 06:58 AM)

#276221 - 02/20/09 01:05 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: didi]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed....but did you ever tell us the title of the book?

I'd love to see another example of communicating with young children - our oldest son has high functioning autism.

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#276233 - 02/20/09 03:25 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: Survivinguy]
didi Offline

The title of the book is "What is a Trigger?" It is still in the publisher's hands. I am not sure when it will be out. My son and nephew responded very well to the book because it is not long and it does have pictures that correspond to the text.

#282092 - 04/03/09 12:15 PM Re: A book about triggers for young victims [Re: didi]
didi Offline

"What is a Trigger" is finally ready! If you are interested in seeing a preview go to authorhouse.com and type in the title under the book store. I cant wait to buy a ton and donate them, my son is also very excited to help other children.

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.