Newest Members
cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X., tryintothrive
12496 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
3 registered (sentry, EchoSoul, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12496 Members
74 Forums
64165 Topics
447757 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#274032 - 02/05/09 07:25 AM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: SuperTramp7981]
mapleleafsn Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Eastern Canada
I'll bite

LOCATION - St John's NL, Canada

OCCUPATION - Food Services, Chef by trade, enjoy baking cookies best
HOBBIES - snooker, hockey, woodworking, Just started piano lessons
GENDER - Male
AGE - 46 Sept 19/62
SURVIVOR - Yes
PARTNER OF SURVIVOR - Married
MEDICAL ISSUES - depression, on welbutrin
POINT IN RECOVERY - Early for CSA, Advanced for AA
MAJOR THERAPIST - Gary Parsons
DRUG TREATMENT - Miracle Valley, BC
EDUCATION - Trade College and University for social service worker
MUSICAL TASTES: I enjoy all types of music especially if it is live

Community: My wife and I do a lot of community work with reintegration of exoffenders. Started a branch of Partners in Hope here in NL. Set up a transition house for guys comming out of the corrections.

Edited by mapleleafsn (02/05/09 07:26 AM)
Edit Reason: typo

#274052 - 02/05/09 10:42 AM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: mapleleafsn]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
The guys of MS are the awesomest guys that I have ever had occasion to get to know!!! smile

Truly, you all contribute, each your own way, in restoring my faith in MAN-kind. Thanks so muh.

I initially threw out a comment here in the hopes of illiciting a positive & forward moving response from admin crazy and instead I have been given to see, through each of you, how blessed I am to be a part of this community. Man, do I ever need to be here...........

I won't comment personally to each of you, but rather in closing I'd just like to say this - my respect & my admiration for each of you has grown tremendously.

P.S.
Mapleleafsn, I'll put my peanut butter crunch chocolat chip cookies up against yours any day! grin
The transition house thingy? been there, done that (one full year). Being there turned out to be one of the most important stepping stones on my recovery journey. When I was finally released from there, I was still far too self-absorbed to thank the facillitators for their investment in me. Today, and in the name of every guy searching for the formulae of "how do I manage to find the way to fit in?" I thank you for the amazing work you do.

#274114 - 02/05/09 09:41 PM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: SuperTramp7981]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Michael Banks

Hobbies:?
Martial Status: Married
Children:7-Ages 30,25,22,6,5,4,2
Survivor: Yes
Point in Recovery: CSA-thriving AA- 20 years
Medical Issues: wife! lol
Therapist: None at this time.
Drug treatment: Kaiser Chemical Dependency Program & AA
Education: Some college. USMC-4yrs
Musical Taste: Hard Rock- AC/DC,G&R,Old Van Halen,Aerosmith Etc

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#274377 - 02/07/09 09:13 PM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: michael banks]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
One more step right?

Occupation: Legal - that's the best I can do at this point, sorry.
Hobbies: Online Video Game(WoW), Texas Hold'em, reading, listening to all music, travel, loving my wife, raising our two adopted children, public speaking (yes I really enjoy it).
Marital Status: Married for ten years
Children: 2 Ages: 2 and 5
Survivor: Yes
Point in Recovery: half way? 8 years of therapy, almost 2 years of group therapy, nearly 2 year break from all therapy and now back in therapy with my original T.
Medical issues: not much - glasses after a detached retina; anxiety
Therapist: Yes a great one.
Addiction Tx: None. Never liked drugs even over the counter, very conscious of drinking habits - nothing consistent, never to inebriation.
Education: BA, JD
Music: Everything but acid rock. Acoustic, Classical, Country, Christian, Classic Rock, Rock, Metal (yes I think Slipknot is music), Jazz, Rap, Pop, Techno and always willing to try a new style or band.

Edited by Survivinguy (02/08/09 09:21 PM)
Edit Reason: forgot anxiety lol

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#274379 - 02/07/09 09:25 PM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: Survivinguy]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
I'll throw out here even though my Profile is filled in:

HOBBIES: none really
MARITAL STATUS: TBD
CHILDREN: none
SURVIVOR: Yes
POINT IN RECOVERY: Early for Military Sexual Trauma
MEDICAL ISSUES: Got 'em
THERAPIST: VA issued frown
EDUCATION: USN 4 years, some college, wish for my JD
MUSIC: Country, '70s & '80s Rock

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#275143 - 02/13/09 07:23 PM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: pemac01]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
While we can make them mandatory, it's not going to stop people from lying about them.

#275335 - 02/15/09 09:51 AM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: Roofus]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
Well I've actually filled the profile in better and refined the location, simply because London now has nearly 10 million people in it, so am not worried about people knowing that level of geography, they'd have get on a plane and come here to find me first...the email address I registered with, I use for nothing but survivor issues.

I stopped putting my real DOB on forums etc since Facebook got big, it didn't take a genius to see the ID theft potential that posed, but I'm pretty sure I said I was in my mid-30s in one of my earliest posts.

Point in Recovery? Is this a field that only comes up when you join as a member? For me that's 2 years in. All the rest is profiled.

[EDIT]What the hell...

OCCUPATION: Joined a temp agency-last job, cellphone customer service
HOBBIES: Books, Music, Videogames
MARITAL STATUS: Single
CHILDREN: none
SURVIVOR: Yes
POINT IN RECOVERY: 2 and a half years
MEDICAL ISSUES: None
THERAPIST: Yes
EDUCATION: College, all computer tech stuff self-taught
MUSIC: Classical/film soundtracks, Dance, Rock

Edited by ComicBookGuy (02/15/09 10:04 AM)
Edit Reason: joining in with the fun!

#275337 - 02/15/09 10:13 AM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: ComicBookGuy]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
The e-mail address you registered with here at MS is only accessible by admin.

No member can obtain the personal info you signed up with.

That was not the idea behind filling out a profile for the benefit of those here on DB.

#275446 - 02/15/09 11:57 PM . [Re: joelRT]
GoFigure12 Offline

Loc: USA

#275687 - 02/17/09 04:39 PM Re: This is really beginning to irritate me [Re: GoFigure12]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Go,

To me recovery is all about learning to be open and honest in all things that I do. Not just here on M/S. I do not care to carry any secrets both from myself and others. My abuse issues gained their strenght over me in the corners of secrecies and darkness.
If we don't bring our abuse out into the open how can you ever hope to overcome it. Or to help those whom are still lost out there in their abuse.
I choose to share all of me warts and all for all to see.

DO YOU SEE? I DARE TO BE ME.

As the old saying goes I am only as sick as my secrets.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.