Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (Seekingwisdom, Obi, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63366 Topics
443083 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#275441 - 02/15/09 11:18 PM Emotional Health of Survivors
faller2 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
How do you deal with depression and anxiety? Poor body image? Overeating? Etc.? I'm on two separate antidepressants that work off both serotonin and dopamine pathways, and I exercise daily for two hours.

I also become sexually aroused when I get depressed and highly anxious; so there's a masochistic payoff to feeling bad about myself, which reinforces my poor self-image. Any help?

#275444 - 02/15/09 11:49 PM Re: Emotional Health of Survivors [Re: faller2]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada
Originally Posted By: faller2

I also become sexually aroused when I get depressed and highly anxious; so there's a masochistic payoff to feeling bad about myself, which reinforces my poor self-image. Any help?

Hey there Brother faller2.

I am glad you have joined us. this reminds me of the self hatred I have come to know lately. Finding it's root and being able to put it down has been a blessing. That said, I went through decades of depression and isolation... I would cycle up and down, and on my down cycles I would get aroused and feel entitled to seek sexual release... I came to see that I when I was down and dropping I was in a state of fear and that I was confusing fear with arousal. Hell the only acceptable emotion in my upbringing was fear !!!!!!!!! keep seeking your truths and what is available of the whys and wherefores... put the whys and wherefores behind forgiving yourself. *** self forgiveness is a blessing that I missed for ages *** I have found that when I am not beating myself up for my mistakes I am more available to healing from my higher power.

Love, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.