Newest Members
Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss, JW1230
12363 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Em (36), I Want 2 Thrive (49), midwest (29), Miles (50), MrDon (50), smurfette (33)
Who's Online
3 registered (unhappycamper, 2 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12363 Members
74 Forums
63535 Topics
443892 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#275271 - 02/14/09 09:52 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Stephen_5]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Alan,

There are two people in a marriage so $250,000 times 2 = $500,000. Alan it sounds like you need to call your state and federal representatives and talk to them in modifying these laws that you find so offensive.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#275278 - 02/14/09 10:20 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: michael banks]
LN3(SS) Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MD
Oral arguments will be held March 5, 2009. Hopefully the CA Supreme Court will overturn that hideous ballot initiative. Probably 4-3 like the original decision.

Brian

"When we go into battle, I will be the first to set foot on the field, and I will be the last to step off, and I will leave no one behind. Dead, or alive, we will all come home together." LTG Hal Moore, Jr., USA (Ret.)

#275965 - 02/19/09 01:23 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: LN3(SS)]
Stephen_5 Offline
BoD Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern California Foothills
The CA Supreme Court is also going to decide whether all of the 18,000 couples married between May and November can still be married or will be involuntarily divorced. I for one do not want to divorce my partner. We're married, we have the document to prove it. We love each other and want to stay with each other, forever. I don't think it's too much for us to have the same rights, priviledges and responsibilities that are afforded to other couples.

Take good care of yourselves,

Steve

#276012 - 02/19/09 11:07 AM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Stephen_5]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

And what if the other spouse doesn't even work Michael? It's still just-plain discrimination.

Perhaps if I ever marry (probably not), I'll change my attitude about this whole privileged-status game that we're playing here, but I seriously doubt it.

#276025 - 02/19/09 12:34 PM Re: Gay Marriage Ban is Unconstitutional in CA [Re: Hauser]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada
confused

Please God... help me to understand why using such an emotionally charged term persists??? Each time I see or hear the "gay marriage" debate it annoys me to see the polarity among people who are usually loving, caring, tolerant...

In my view there is far more likely-hood of achieving a consensus of support for the legal recognition of same sex couples by the government. As I see it the underlying issue is about spousal rights that already devolve to partners in opposite sex couples but not to partners in same sex couples; like survivor benefits... The issue has taken on a life of it's own and become a grand Theosophical debate, and all because using the word "marriage" gets emotional attention.

The haters will hate regardless, and their flocks will follow if there is a strong emotional hook and an identifiable enemy. Let's all pray that the emotional hook be removed and the haters lose their wider following.

Love, Wes

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.