Newest Members
jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady, uvagrad4
12501 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
innocence (60), pablo999 (53)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12501 Members
74 Forums
64185 Topics
447893 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#274936 - 02/12/09 11:35 AM Peyronies treatment
PR524 Offline

Loc: IL
I was diagnosed with Peyronies disease secondary to Beta Blocker med use. This was listed as a possible side-effect. Infrequent, but does happen. Well it happened. It was a trigger of lots of feelings from past abuse. It felt just like I was being abused again. The Doc said the options for improvement were a crapshoot. A recent research study showed positive results from using penile traction. Does anyone have experience with this? While on bloodpressure and heart meds would a trial of this approach be less effective or more dangerous to try?

#275691 - 02/17/09 05:11 PM Re: Peyronies treatment [Re: PR524]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
pr524, i guess no one who has experienced this has seen it to respond as yet. my one brother has this, but it is assumed that is was inherent disorder.

i did a wikipedia search on it and found an interesting explanation. i won't publish a link here because there is a graphic depiction of an erect penis with peyronie's [not sexually suggestive] and if people here click such a link they may be triggered by what they see. not good frown

so you are welcome to go ahead an google wiki if you want, just wanted to add the trigger.

ron

#276077 - 02/19/09 04:37 PM Re: Peyronies treatment [Re: Sans Logos]
PR524 Offline

Loc: IL
Thanks for the information Ron. I checked it out. Good to know what current thinking is on the subject. You nailed it, it has been, for me, a trigger for feelings from the past. Without warning, the feeling of insult added to injury appears and I have to acknowledge and then let it go. Having read what you've posted in your time here, and other postings, it has really given me something real to hold on to in terms of the what and why of so much that has been a puzzlement for me over the years. It makes concrete a lot that I gleaned in therapy. Glad I was pointed in the direction of MS.

#276239 - 02/20/09 04:02 PM Re: Peyronies treatment [Re: PR524]
Paul1959 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NYC
There are many treatments for this disease/condition. Not the least of which is ultrasound therapy. This is a very common situation among men who have had prostate cancer. There are treatments out there. Please go talk to a urologist. It is what these doctors do all day long. It is nothing to be embarrassed of. They will be compassionate and caring. If you feel safe disclosing your abuse, they will be very respectful and kind.
Paul

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.