Newest Members
JohnWC, KKumar, J44, Anura, reynel5
12420 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
beginning (34), Gary H. (41), jewelmom (63), kdg2310 (55), Li Yuki (2014), monarchnaps (36), Neverquit (30), Nord (58), SoSad (45)
Who's Online
1 registered (I Want 2 Thrive), 25 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12420 Members
74 Forums
63782 Topics
445409 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#274847 - 02/11/09 07:02 PM reject of Outward Bound Colorado
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
I've been told that I can't go because I have too many problems and that I was a disturbance. They don't want me to return. I try to warn what folks are recieving when they get me, it don't seem to help. I tell them I'm disabled, I don't seem to look the part, so everything falls on me for being my fault. I try to explain the best I can as to why and what to expect. I don't deal with the same core things and it seems unheard of, I can yell it from the rooftops and it's not heard.

Every event in my life is taken away from me one by one because I can't be who I was. I was strong, I was active, I was intelligent, I was the person anybody could go to, I was more than anybody ever told me I could be and it's just continually taken away.

How am I not worthless? because I breath? I'm not understood here, I'm not wanted in the world, most everybody has a reason to leave me behind. My friends do what they can. I don't get better, what happens to me don't take breaks just because people can't deal with it. It's not an act! I need help, the kind you can't get from any hospital! I fail everything because the tests are set up for everybody else. My only purpose is for pain, heartache, and rejection.

Edited by usmc97 (02/12/09 08:36 PM)
Edit Reason: changed title

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#274858 - 02/11/09 07:42 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: usmc97]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
WHO said you were a disturbance? Someone in the Wings office? I think I need to make a phone call or two.

I'm not accepting the fact that you "have too many problems". You were as much an important part of that group as the rest of the guys.

frown

M

#274929 - 02/12/09 09:20 AM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: MarkK]
KENKEN Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NOTHERN COLORADO
Kevin,

You are not a disturbance. The Outward Bound weekend will not be the same without you there in attendance. I want you to know that I want you there with the rest of us survivors. I'm with Mark. I too will make a phone call or two.

Ken

From the Movie: Antwone Fisher

***WOR ALUMNI SEQUOIA MARCH 2008***

#274997 - 02/12/09 08:36 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: KENKEN]
usmc97 Offline

Loc: Colorado
It's how things always seem to be, it's like I have a disability that's not welcome anywhere. They put it like I choose to have the problems that I do and don't care to understand that I'm the one that has to go through it all.

My appearance, my age, everything about me seems to throw people off and I end up paying for it. If it were some guy in a wheel chair, somebody with cancer, or something else that they could visually see they wouldn't treat me so bad everywhere. They think what I have to go through isn't what it is, they think it's less that what it is, so far it's going to be terminal but who cares it's just me. It always seems like I'm the only one screwed up in this way.... nobody knows what to do with me and nobody cares to try and find out.

The statistics? 1 in 4, 1 in 6?
...then there's me the imaginary number

#275004 - 02/12/09 09:02 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: usmc97]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Perhaps we will have to go on our own mountain adventure. Tell you what, we will all ride the chairlift up the mountain, and have a meeting at the top in a grove of pines at 11,000 feet, then I will ride the chairlift back down. You Outward Bound types will be welcome to either jog back to the base, or ride your mountain bikes back down. Then it is cocktails and dinner at the Double Diamond Lodge later, or wherever....

Or I will give a personalized tour of Oh MY God Road with a trip up through Russell Gulch and Nevadaville. Or maybe we will try the same thing down near Cripple Creek. I know of a private little place at the top of a 11,000 foot peak near Victor accessible by 4WD only, where we could have a mountaintop group too. Or just sit at the top and drink beer like everyone else does. So who cares what Outward Bound thinks???

Perhaps I should start a mountain touring business. Out & Back Tours???

Mark

#275283 - 02/14/09 10:40 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: Trucker51]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Did someone say something about mountain biking down a mountain? Where? When? laugh

#275284 - 02/14/09 10:47 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: M3]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Kevin,

I'm really sorry about this incident. I don't know the details and don't know what else to say, but you have friends here on the site and in the greater Denver area. Hang with those who accept you and don't bother with those that don't. As they say, "Being with people who understand you... priceless."

Peace and love Kevin...

Michael

#275315 - 02/15/09 12:57 AM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: M3]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mountain biking down a mountain is a big summer sport out here for the younger than I/physical fitness set. The ski areas run a lift or two in the summer, and some even have mountaintop barbeques. They will haul your mountain bike up to the top then let you ride downhill. Copper Mtn. has about 2300 vertical feet of high speed lift service in the summer, with food at a mid-mountain lodge and at the base. If you were to ride downhill on one of their intermediate runs like Collage or Encore you would ride about 2 & 1/2 miles dropping 2300 vertical feet to get back to the bottom of the chairlift, and then they will haul you back up, in about 15 minutes. Or you can just ride the chairlift back downhill too.

Downhill mountain biking at ski areas here has become a big business in the summer. When you come out, just let us know.

Mark

#275370 - 02/15/09 02:42 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: Trucker51]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

So when are we planning out mountain biking trip?

#275376 - 02/15/09 03:49 PM Re: Outward Bound Colorado [Re: M3]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ski season won't be done until June, so my guess is that July or August would be best, though the most-expensive times too. You might catch a break in September pricewise. Frontier Air Lines flies non-stop from Akron/Canton or Dayton, and Southwest is cheap out of Detroit or Cleveland. As for Port Columbus, I just don't know much except that American and US Air fly there. Of course, we could just run you to the top of Loveland Pass, and you could find your way down from there. Ask Hauser about Loveland Pass. Same thing in Colorado Springs, downhill on Old Stage Road, which is a bonafide mountain narrow old stagecoach road.

We have a decent wooden roller-coaster and even an Alpine Slide here, plus our Rockies too.

Mark

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.