Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Blank (36), christx (41), Heartonfire (38), Nathan LaChine (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#274846 - 02/11/09 06:37 PM Peer-Group Support Organizations
MichaeldR Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Dear friends:

Is anyone aware of, or participating in, any Peer-Group Support Organizations (PGSOs)? What I'm looking for is a self-governing peer-based support group similar in structure, if not emphasis, to Alcoholics Anonymous (AA), or more closely Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA or ACOA). I've found a few mentions of groups such as this on the internet, that deal with recovery from Childhood Sexual Abuse, but wanted first-hand, or at least second-hand, information and experience from someone on MaleSurvivor. What do you know?

Regards,

My mantras:

Easy Does I - - - - - - L o il y a la vie il y a l'espoir.
One Day At A Time - - - L o il y a l'espoir: la vie.
First Things First- - - Where there's life there's hope.
LIVE and Let Live - - - Where there is hope: life.

#274895 - 02/11/09 10:28 PM Re: Peer-Group Support Organizations [Re: MichaeldR]
Ken Followell Offline
President
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Bradenton, FL
I participate in a peer support group for male survivors. It has been a wonderful experience for me to have men I can share with about the issues we all face.

What would you like to know about the group?

Everything works out right in the end. If things are not working right, it isn't the end yet. Don't let it bother you, relax and keep on goin
- Michael C. Muhammad

"I get up. I walk. I fall down. Meanwhile, I keep dancing."
� Rabbi Hillel

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.