Newest Members
Barracuda312, Just Hanging, mossTI, E35, 1975
12339 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12339 Members
74 Forums
63433 Topics
443434 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#274826 - 02/11/09 04:37 PM Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Article

Quote:
Prosecutors say Luzerne County Judges Mark Ciavarella and Michael Conahan took $2.6 million in payoffs to put juvenile offenders in lockups run by PA Child Care LLC and a sister company, Western PA Child Care LLC. The judges were charged on Jan. 26 and removed from the bench by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court shortly afterward.

In Luzerne County, prosecutors say, Conahan shut down the county-run juvenile prison in 2002 and helped the two companies secure rich contracts worth tens of millions of dollars, at least some of that dependent on how many juveniles were locked up.

I'll take "inspiring confidence in the legal system" for $200, Alex...

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#274833 - 02/11/09 05:23 PM Re: Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison [Re: melliferal]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The Ohio State Patrol has been accused of falsifying speeding tickets lots of times too. They pull you over then tell you if you pay on the spot that it won't go on your record. It is a big deal near Norwalk on any road there, west of Akron on I-76, and on I-71 south of Mansfield. Truck drivers are targeted, and even car drivers from outside of the area too.

These guys in PA ought to get to go to the roughest jail around to see what it feels like.

Mark

Edited by Trucker51 (02/11/09 07:12 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#274848 - 02/11/09 07:03 PM Re: Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison [Re: melliferal]
riveerboy Offline

Loc: Indiana
Is this the epitome of privatization? Scary.

#274849 - 02/11/09 07:06 PM Re: Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison [Re: melliferal]
Survivinguy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Originally Posted By: melliferal
I'll take "inspiring confidence in the legal system" for $200, Alex...

LOL. Good point.

Edited by Survivinguy (02/11/09 07:07 PM)

============================================
I have to survive and I hope to thrive.

Alumni Dahlonega WoR May 2010
Alumni Sequoia WoR March 2012

#275012 - 02/12/09 09:45 PM Re: Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison [Re: Survivinguy]
Logan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: NY
this angers me a lot!

This seems as bad of a betrayal of trust that I can think of including CSA.

Part of my abuse history includes:
I was sent to a High Impact Wilderness Boot camp indirectly run by W.W.A.S.P., a cult/criminal organization. Those places are brutal and grueling Gulag-like places. My worst nightmares include waking up and have auditory halucinations still hearing kids screaming from being tortured!!!!!!!! mad

The utilize the practices that the Communists used to break and brainwash captured American GI's in North Korea and Vietnam and get them to denounce the action of the USA and some of them even defected! It took the CIA years to figure out how they manage to achieve the feat in such a small amount of time. One can still find traces of the cult tactics in certain programs run right here in the U.S. They utilize a honed and more subtle yet less invasive form called Large Group Awareness Training or LGAT.
The fact that they use these practices on kids is despicable! Most of it is illegal in the U.S. Penal Code!

I don't wanna stir too much up here, but...........
Obama wants to shut down Guantanimo Bay, when Right HERE, in the U.S., there are places like it for CHILDREN!!!!!

her are some very useful links:
http://www.nospank.net/
http://www.nospank.net/boot.htm
http://antiwwasp.com/
check them out
Hey Mark, I know that when cops are sent to prison, it is said that they have a rough time. What about judges? I really hope so!!!!!!

Logan

-Blade Runner

#275177 - 02/13/09 10:20 PM Re: Judges take kickbacks to throw kids in prison [Re: Trucker51]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: Trucker51
The Ohio State Patrol has been accused of falsifying speeding tickets lots of times too. They pull you over then tell you if you pay on the spot that it won't go on your record. It is a big deal near Norwalk on any road there, west of Akron on I-76, and on I-71 south of Mansfield. Truck drivers are targeted, and even car drivers from outside of the area too.

These guys in PA ought to get to go to the roughest jail around to see what it feels like.

Mark

As someone who doesn't speed, let me recommend one of the GPS linked auto services. More and more GPS information that you were not speeding is holding up as more accurate than Radar ore police eye witness data in court.

Arm yourself with recorded GPS and give 'em hell.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.