Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63212 Topics
442011 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#274384 - 02/07/09 10:06 PM LDS Survivors
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
Are there any LDS Survivors who would understand how I feel being a CSA and the church's standards and Priest Hood.

#274509 - 02/08/09 08:58 PM Re: LDS Survivors [Re: christianfather]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
Hi,

I am an LDS survivor myself. Like to talk more with you at some point if you would like. Having CSA feelings, which I do really sucks due to the stand the church has made on such things, but it is what it is.

I belong to a group of LDS men who also have issues with CSA. It is called Northstar men and might be a resource for you. ns-men@googlegroups.com

Let me know if I can help and glad that your here. I have been involved with this site for nearly two years and found it to be very helpful, informative, and supportive. Hopefully you will have a good experience.

Take care, Ron

#274510 - 02/08/09 09:01 PM Re: LDS Survivors [Re: Barney]
Barkabus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Barney
Having CSA feelings, which I do really sucks due to the stand the church has made on such things, but it is what it is.

If I may ask, what is the stand the LDS church has taken on CSA?

Mike

#274513 - 02/08/09 09:26 PM Re: LDS Survivors [Re: Barkabus]
Barney Offline

Loc: Southern Utah/Northern Arizon
I can't speak for the church but to have feelings for another man is not an acceptable thing to feel. They are increasingly recognizing that many men and I suspect women do have such feelings. Traditionally, this was sinful or wrong and there is a history of trying to "cure" members having such feelings.

It seems like the church has acknowledged the reality that csa exits and has said just not to act on the feelings. With the recent vote in Calif re gay marriage, the church has taken some significant hits. Not sure where that is all going to lead but I suspect there will be an increased awareness on their part of csa related issues and a good look at the positions they have taken in the past. Hope so anyway.

#275407 - 02/15/09 08:07 PM Re: LDS Survivors [Re: Barney]
christianfather Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TN
The so called cures and rehabilitation were barbaric to say the least.

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.