Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
7 registered (86, Suwanee, TW16, BraveFalcon, 2 invisible), 30 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442000 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#27400 - 04/28/02 02:51 PM Re: ..it's the underwater basketweaving
Jim C. Offline

Loc: New Mexico
Unfortunately, Tinfoil, Michael Joseph is right. Perhaps there will always be pedophiles and they do seem to be everywhere.

I wish someone could develop a way to really figure out who is or will become pedophiles. My first reaction would be to exterminate them--admittedly harsh--especially for those yet to committ crimes. Medical castration might come a close second and barring them from working with children and reporting where they live as per Megan's Law.

However, some appear to be normal everyday people, married with jobs, some professional in nature, seemingly well adjusted. Volunteering their time to help children in need of father-figures...hell, probably up for volunteer of the year! I should shut up now before I say something else damaging.

Altough I'm working on my MSW, I guess I could not consel perpetrators with my attitude, but that is my own bias.

Your desire to help children is admirable.

My opinion only: I wonder if something like thadd's program in Oakland for the girls or to help start one in San Francisco for the boys to help get prostituted children off the streets and give them a life might be better than the Boys and Girls Club, but it is your money and you must determine how to help others with it.

Jim C.
Hisatsinom

#27401 - 04/28/02 04:24 PM Re: ..it's the underwater basketweaving
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well the Boys and Girls Clubs are pretty much meat & potatos stuff. Old fashioned tried and tested methods like the Boy Scouts of America. From what I saw touring the local facility it's almost corny. No New Age stuff,no experimentation,no whacko stuff. There are no doors in the facility. All rooms are open to viewing. There's no way to stop pedos if they don't have a rap sheet,no priors. If I were the Director of such a facility I'd watch the kids. If there's sexual interaction between staff and children it'll be reflected in the kids' behavior. I'm astounded that my school teachers did'nt pick up on in 1961 my first year of high school that something extraordinary was happening to me. For gawdsakes it was only OBVIOUS..!! That kind of behavior today would draw instant attention. At least I hope it would. There are probably other people that post here who've had the same experience. You wonder why the adults just stood there acting like braindead dumbshits while you're screaming "Hey guys,I'm getting fucked here. Hello? Anyone listening?"

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.