Newest Members
stillhere35, RKS, Albertus, Judd, LMG
12555 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
2dayistheday (34), 4LaurenAline2 (48), akn (61), barrington (65), Gideonfl (52), James Michael (57), Obi (44), tu (46), Vedder32 (34), yoga_mom (46)
Who's Online
4 registered (peroperic2009, traveler, Bardo, 1 invisible), 11 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12555 Members
73 Forums
64436 Topics
450091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#286567 - 05/07/09 08:56 AM Re: Learning Disorders....MT? [Re: Shadow+Walker]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi my brothers/friends.

Oh God, just before this was the vision CSA possibilities.

Now learning disorders. I always was a slow learner, but like I've just mentioned I had poor vision. I wasn't one known for paying attention in school. I remember having to go to some sort of a extra reading/comprehension class. I read a book like a readers digest, then the teacher would ask us about we had just read, well I had a heck of a time explaining what I had just read.

But I also remember me as a young boy being taken to some sort of a clinic/hospital by my "mother". There we were seperated, and I was with a nurse (someone in a white coat). She would have me doing things and talking to me. She was recording our talk on a dictaphone machine. Later I also remember that Iwas taken into a darkened room where a bunch of wires were put on my head. There was a machine there recording the readings (something like those lie detector machines) that you see in those very old gangster movies.

What that was all about, I never was told. But I have always felt that my "mother" (first sexual abuser) should have been the one hooked up to those wires.

So, once again another possibility on just why, I was that, loner, angry, shy boy.

Anyway a very interesting post, vision problems, learning problems, emotional problems & sexual problems. Our sexual agressors had done their work on us young boy's well.

Looks like against all odds, we have made it this far.

Heal well my brothers/friends.

Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#286577 - 05/07/09 09:46 AM Re: Learning Disorders....MT? [Re: petercorbett]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I didn't have any learning problems, but i can see how it can arise from abuse. I probably went the opposite way- using work as escapism from what was happening.

I have some difficulties trying to reside in the whole world sometimes instead of just "my" world. When i was younger my mind was always wandering away in its own little imaginary world to protect itself, i used to daydream alot, sometimes i find that i wander away in the same way and then everythying around me feels like it is not real and just a show on tv as if my eyes are a tv screen that i am looking through. Sometimes i seem to adopt traits that autistic people would have, about wanting to wear certain clothes so that i can feel that i am real and not making eye contact- not avoiding, but simply that i am in my own mind.

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.