Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444117 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#273481 - 02/01/09 12:04 AM The end of my fast( Maybe triggers, but idk,)
one_day_at_a_time Offline

Loc: North Carolina
So my fast ends tonight.

Well, it was not quite the traditional food fast, rather, it was something quite different.

It was a sexual purification fast. Ever since I came out to myself( I guess thats what Im calling it now-lol), I wanted to be sure that compulsion and lustfulness did not run rampant in my life as a bisexual/gay man. So I asked God for revelation about my sexuality, to show me that I could go a week without needing to satisfy myself physically, or even do anything to satisfy myself on a sexual level. But most importantly, to turn to him when the urges came and to know that he could stop them.

I wanted to be sure that this part of me was me, and not my abuse wanting to act out. And Im glad that I did.
I know that as a survivor of sexual abuse I cannot let all of my impulses control me because some of those impulses are drvien by the desire to be a victim. But Im not a victim anymore, and by the Grace of God I know that. So Im glad I made it. It certainly has been tough, but its been self-affirming.

I know from here on out what I want to do and how I want to be in my life as a gay/bisexual man.

MB

now I just need to find myself

#274502 - 02/08/09 08:27 PM Re: The end of my fast( Maybe triggers, but idk,) [Re: one_day_at_a_time]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Congratulations, that is a great step in starting your new life and working on the understanding of self and gratification. Good luck and know we are here to support you!

Michael

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.