Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (kcinohio, 2 invisible), 21 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63220 Topics
442069 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#273446 - 01/31/09 09:30 PM Login help
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I'm having trouble logging in using Firefox, i can chat fine but the forums dont work, It's not a big deal as I can just use IE and log in fine (as i am now. Are the forums optimized for IE by chance?

'Cause none of them can stop the time.
How long shall they kill our prophets,
While we stand aside and look? Ooh!
Some say it's just a part of it:
We've got to fulfil de book.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#273449 - 01/31/09 09:49 PM Re: Login help [Re: SuperTramp7981]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

Actually the UBB software is represented by the developers to work best with FireFox. I find that to be very true. I have trouble with every other browser I've tried except for FireFox. Strange the way things work in this cyber age.

Make sure you're using the latest release of FireFox, empty your browser casche, cookies, and any other deletable info stored by the browser, restore FireFox to it's default settings, close it down, reboot your computer and try again? Failing that I don't have any other suggestions but then I'm no expert on dealing with web browsing issues.

Good luck!

#273463 - 01/31/09 10:31 PM Re: Login help [Re: WalkingSouth]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Cleared my cookies etc. and It works good now, Thanks! Should've thought of that before.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#273482 - 02/01/09 12:12 AM Re: Login help [Re: SuperTramp7981]
WalkingSouth Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile Hey, glad I could be of help. First time I've ever made that suggestion and had the person report back that it worked! I'm feeling GOOOOOOD!!! laugh

Yesterday at work I encountered a problem that as it turned out had some similarities to this one. I work in a manufacturing environment and am in charge of keeping a 100,000 square foot floor area of interdependent machinery operating. Besides it being tied in to a rank of high-powered, windows based computers in my office, there is one wall of the complex lined with PLC (programmable logic controller) units that keeps the different machines working smoothly with each other, passing the material between them for further operations in the process. When one machine goes down the whole system grinds to a halt and everyone stands around doing nothing. It's something the boss doesn't like for some strange reason.

Anyhow, a hydraulic unit on one of the machines simply was not opening the control valves that set the machinery in motion which in turn moved the product through that step in the production. The indicator lights on the PLC panel told me all systems were go. I was totally stymied. A twenty-four year-old Latino kid named Juan came along and asked me a simple question.

"Did you reboot the system?"

Sh**! I felt like a total fool! Duh!!! sigh.....

I reached up and threw the main on the panel, left it down for 30 seconds and flipped it back on. I fired up the machine, and the whole system came back to life with everyone resuming their duties.

It's the simple things that seem to cause us the most problems.

#273526 - 02/01/09 12:09 PM Re: Login help [Re: WalkingSouth]
SuperTramp7981 Offline

Watch the SouthPark episode entitled "Overlogging" You'll love it. The internet goes down and causes a refugee crisis to Californy (or californiea depending on the character) to find some internet.........which turns out to be a giant wireless router.

Chat Name-Lparsons

#273547 - 02/01/09 01:55 PM Re: Login help [Re: SuperTramp7981]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
Speaking of manufacturing supervisor of a big plant, back in 1989 I drove into this huge factory in Cleveland in my semi and the guard at the gate told me to turn right then back down to the freight docks. A few seconds later he came running out yelling for me to stop!!! It turned-out that the front of my trailer had caught the main power lines leading to the plant and stretched them way out, which cut-off all power to a metal machining plant that employed 800 workers on first shift. Boy were the suits upset, but the maintenance men thought that it was funny when they had to cut the wires and take them down. Then when I backed into the dock maybe 25 guys cheered me and a half-dozen guys shook my hand and thanked me for giving them a break!!! It was pretty dark in there and the only thing running were the propane-powered forklifts!!!

I did the same thing at a car wash once too!!!

Mark

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.