Newest Members
uvagrad4, cricket1007, Nickie98, jahfree, Daryl X.
12497 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
joeybird (54), ladyinwaiting (46), txpearl (46)
Who's Online
6 registered (WalkingBuffalo, TR101, unhappycamper, 3 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12497 Members
74 Forums
64172 Topics
447801 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#272684 - 01/26/09 09:08 AM 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning.
Nyjah Offline
MaleSurvivor

I got this e-mail from my cousin this morning

I got this e-mail from my cousin this morning.
Quote:

30 Days

The second little "dot" was the most interesting to me. Especially what this one women was talking about with her two dads and them exposing her to sex and stuff like that really early. And I was just like "Wow...I'm not the only one who's gone through that." Which I know maybe sound really stupid 'cause I'm very well aware that I'm not the only one. But the whole 'Females can be abusers' things is kinda swept under the rug and not talked about a lot if at all. And it doesn't matter if the person who was abused was female or male...but the whole 'Female being abused by a female' thing is kinda like something that's almost never ever discussed. Which really pisses me off and makes me feel like I'm some kind of freak or something. Even though I know in my heart of hearts I didn't do anything wrong.

So yeah...this is my emotionally deep e-mail for the month. :P

Peace and love and stuff like that.

Jaime

Even though I'm on the fence about my sexuality I can't wait to become a parent and I don't care what others think about me adopting. I met kids who had been hurt in foster care and by their parents which is why they were in foster care while I was in my group home.

#272702 - 01/26/09 10:24 AM Re: 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning. [Re: Nyjah]
Sans Logos Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: in my own world in pittsburgh,...
thanks nyjah, i had seen that episode. very moving.

i think education is the best way to stomp out bigotry and other fires that perpetrate the notion that rainbow people are predatory.

for many years i apologetically 'blamed' my gay orientation on the fact that i had been abused, and before finally accepting the gift of my orientation, i always feared that i was destined to perpetrate [unfounded].

i raised three children, and taught children of all ages for years. have act 33/34 clearance in 3 states.

who is making the rules for us to live by? predominantly homophobic moralists? hmmmmm, could be! although, thankfully we are currently in the midst of transitional evolving cultural values, as shame is outed and seen for the shadow that it is.

live and let live; love and let love,

ron

#272715 - 01/26/09 11:06 AM Re: 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning. [Re: Sans Logos]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
frown i can't watch the video, it says that they are only streaming the video to the united states

i also agree with your comments Nyjah that as long as the parents can give the child a loving, safe, caring environment to grow up in it does not matter about their sexual orientation

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#272726 - 01/26/09 12:33 PM Re: 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning. [Re: king tut]
Little_E Offline
Member & Volunteer
MaleSurvivor
Loc: London UK

Sexuality should not come into question when adopting or fostering children. It is not of importance in giving a child (Children) a safe and loving home. Supporting them emotionaly and physical to help them deal with the hurt and pain that they feel. Provideding a child with a home is the most important thing there is.

The way i see it, there are to many children out there all ready who dont have safe homes, or are in care/resadental homes, there is no need to bring any more children in to this world until we can take care and look after all the one we have here all ready.

I am all for adoption/fostering as soon as i can sort my self out, find a home of my own, I will be opening my doors to them all.

Keep on Rocking!
Elliot.

DISTUBED VISIONS OF AN UNDERWORLD!!

#272744 - 01/26/09 04:23 PM Re: 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning. [Re: Little_E]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Nyjah,

As one who is in the process of adopting 4 kids ages 6 to 2.
My wife and I have chosen to do this in order to protect and give these four kids the best possible future. The older three were in a foster for only six months and the two girls were sexually molested by another older foster kid in the same house
Also if we did not take them in there was very little chance of them growing up together.

I agree that we need to get all children out of the foster care system. It is not in there best interest for them to remain in such environments.
I feel that if you are prepared to provide the things necessary to raise a kid. A safe and naturing home environment. Then what does it matter who you are or your lifestyle choices have got to do with anything.
It should be for the childrens best interest that people are screen to be possible parents. Not our personal bigotries against one another.
Hope you have lots of kids one day.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#273327 - 01/31/09 01:06 AM Re: 30 Days. Same Sex Adoption. Trigger Warning. [Re: michael banks]
M3 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Central Ohio
Nyjah,

In the US, some states ban gay parents from adopting, but not all. Mostly, Republican, with their conservative religious base, promote such actions. In Ohio, a predominately Republican state, this has not been successful. The Speaker of the House in Ohio is Republican, but he was adopted. He basically said, "over my dead body." If someone can provide a child a permanent home, then they should be allowed. Most kids, once they turn 8, will never be adopted. Many older child adoptions are by gay parents because, as kids feeling like social outsiders ourselves, we can relate and open our hearts to these older kids, knowing that they are often more difficult to parent.

I adopted an 11 year old boy in 2001 and am considering adopting again. Being a parent is one of the most wonderful things ever in my life and I'm so glad I'm living in a state that hasn't taken that away.

The sad thing is, you can always find a worse case senario. Where are all the stories about heterosexual adopting couples who sexual abuse their kids? It's more of a political statement where someone is manipulating the public by twisting the truth (or outright lying) to draw people to a political position.

frown

Michael

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.