Newest Members
0128, jeremywickers, JScott12, TMatti2, DaiseyLady
12502 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
asdude1981 (33), Avery46 (51), hans32 (46), jean-noel (49), Kirk (59), Kirk Wayne (59), Mechanical (21), OldTrafford (50)
Who's Online
4 registered (traveler, GT13568, don64, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12502 Members
74 Forums
64193 Topics
447964 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#272716 - 01/26/09 11:19 AM To Baer
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO

#272717 - 01/26/09 11:28 AM Re: To Baer [Re: MarkK]
lars3229 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa
I feel the same way about my bear. He gets me through the night many times and is a great comfort when the flashbacks come flooding in.
Thanks for sharing this.

Peace,

lars

like dust,
I'll rise.

-Maya Angelou

"I quite often remember to forget these sorts of things."
-Winnie the Pooh, The Tigger Movie

#272729 - 01/26/09 12:47 PM Re: To Baer [Re: lars3229]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Wow, great poem from your heart, MarkK.

I have read many posts about having a teddy bear, to hug, and it's great soothing healing power.
Now my 2 grandsons have both teddy bears and rabbits.

But, what I personally need is a MOOSE to hug, after all my nickname is Irish Moose.
I guess that I'll have to make a trip to Canada to find me a teddy moose, when I move back to the USA in March.

Great poem. Added humor by an IRISH MOOSE.
Heal well, my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#272760 - 01/26/09 06:52 PM Re: To Baer [Re: petercorbett]
user2007 Offline

I read this poem today and thought about it for quite a time. I couldn't forget it.

I don't need anyone to think I'm lying, or misunderstand me or hurt me any further, I have plenty of hurt for the rest of my life. But people do it. Sometimes they do it because they're tired or busy with other things, sometimes it's just because they don't know any better, but sometimes it's because they just want to hurt someone.

A teddy bear, I want one too. So that at least someone won't bother to judge me somehow. I'm tired of people assuming things about me and putting words in my mouth.

Edited by user2007 (04/23/11 11:59 PM)
All this pavement"

~ John Mayer

#272775 - 01/26/09 09:41 PM Re: To Baer [Re: MarkK]
ttoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Mark,

laugh

Thank you.

I read this right afer you posted it. Walked away. But, the whole day...Dylan has been there, as I went through my day. Which, is why I say, "Thank you."

I got Dylan two years ago after finding out that my older brother was dying of cancer. We had shared a bedroom for seventeen years, right up to the time he enlisted in the Marines. We are both survivors but, never talked openly about it.

I got Dylan because I was trying to imagine how I would just show up, say, "I love you, don't die, please." He was the, two bottles of Canadian Club, survivor. I figured that I did not need to be the "alpha" brother...showing up with a teddy bear, I thought, would be like holding my hand out in as nonthreatening a way as I could.

He made fun of him, at first, called him everything but, Dylan. And, I asked him if I could leave him there, with him, in the hospital room. I wanted my brother to know, whenever he woke up, that I would be back. Whether it was in the middle of the night or day...I just wanted him to know I would be back.

I love this piece and, thank you because Dylan sat in the chair in the corner of the room, always there. The high levels of morphine meant high levels of laxatives and it gets messy, dying does. You do things you never imagined you would and say things you never imagined you could. You hold hands, in the dark and say, "I have come to be with you, when you die." And, when it is all through, over...I brought Dylan home with me.

When I first got there, he said, "You can come up for an hour, every other day. That's all." I said, "Okay." After a couple of weeks I was there, every day. And, he called one morning at about four thirty in the morning saying, "Will you come back?" After I had left at midnight.

"Yes."

Thanks, Mark...

wink

Dave

#272906 - 01/27/09 04:05 PM Re: To Baer [Re: petercorbett]
Geeders Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Pete:

I'll see if I can get you one next time up 35, 000 feet. grin

http://www.acdutyfree.com/EN/product_inf...54262E21512336#

Jim

#272983 - 01/28/09 08:41 AM Re: To Baer [Re: Geeders]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanx for the kind words, guys. I almost didn't post this - a man in his 50's writing poems to a teddy bear - but he's become import of late and I really wanted to share with my brothers here how helpful one can be.

J - you want a teddy bear? I suggest you get one. And give your inner self time to recognize which is the right one. Might even be a puppy, or a moose - right Peter? smile The important thing is - if you want one - you should have one.

Dave... I'm sorry to hear how your brother passed - but I thank you for having the strength to share it. It gives Dylan quite a personality and place in your life - and that's great. I empathize with the emotions during that time; I have also sat with close ones when they passed away.

Again, everyone - thank you for your support.

M

PS - Baer and little-m say thanks also.

#273080 - 01/29/09 03:09 AM Re: To Baer [Re: MarkK]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

$15 CDN is only about $12 US, though I have seen them at Walmart for even less!!!

Do they have Walmart where you live McCormick? I know that there is a Walmart in Mexico because I have been there.

Mark R.

#277665 - 03/01/09 12:34 AM Re: To Baer [Re: Trucker51]
G5 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
Guys,

I sleep with my Pooh bear every night....and at 41, I feel kinda embarrassed.....but whatever. It's funny when I take him to the laundromat for his cleaning. I wonder how others might react to me stuffing this bear into the washer......but again, whatever.
Mark, I included a picture of this laundry 'outing' in my Flickr page if you want to take a look.....just search 0999....that's my screen name there.

admire all your poems.....

Chris

Edited by G5 (03/01/09 12:34 AM)
Oprah 200
PA Support Group
WoR Alta Advanced '12
"Silence Buster"

#277670 - 03/01/09 12:52 AM Re: To Baer [Re: G5]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
I wish i had gotten here in time to see the poem

I have a teddy bear

Rupert the bear

He has always been with me, throughout alot of my abuse, he is a little dirty now, and torn, but he is still in my bed, forever, and i take him everywhere, he is my mascot, and i will take him on holiday with me, i bet that my teddy is the only teddy that has ever been smuggled into a physics lab before lol

yep, Rupert the bear, together forever, no shame in that, none at all

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.