Newest Members
kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS, PaulnMA
12256 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (pufferfish, 3 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12256 Members
73 Forums
63116 Topics
441393 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#270194 - 01/07/09 12:53 AM Re: Chosen [Re: Logan]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
Logan,

I really don't know; you could email Tom about that. The problem is that the producer has to pay a modest fee every time the film is viewed. There is a facility on the website for making donations, but the response so far has not been very encouraging.

US - 809 views – 1 donation = 0.001%
UK - 315 views - 14 donations = .04%

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

#272326 - 01/22/09 10:55 PM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Concerning the film, Chosen.
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
You will definitely be able to see it Lewis. Here's the link for the website, by the way, for those who are interested: http://www.chosen.org.uk/

I really do recommend this film. It was especially moving for me to see it and then talk to two of the survivors who feature in it, but even without that it's a powerful experience.

Much love,
Larry

The best promotion would be to put it on Netflix and Amazon.com. Maybe the existing website could sell the film and show a leader but not the whole film which loses money.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#272528 - 01/24/09 11:38 PM Re: Chosen [Re: pufferfish]
1islandboy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: washington
O.K.

I watched the film and I would like to make a modest donation. Thing is now that my ex is gone, I have made it a priority to act my wage. They were using pounds, the last time I was on that side of the pond.

So I think I'm on standby, I dunno, I guess I'm wondering if anybody has a conversion rate or something.

Early Morning Rain (Gordon Lightfoot)

island

#273949 - 02/04/09 11:01 AM Re: Chosen [Re: pufferfish]
pufferfish Online   embarrased
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: pufferfish
Concerning the film, Chosen.
Originally Posted By: roadrunner
You will definitely be able to see it Lewis. Here's the link for the website, by the way, for those who are interested: http://www.chosen.org.uk/

I really do recommend this film. It was especially moving for me to see it and then talk to two of the survivors who feature in it, but even without that it's a powerful experience.

Much love,
Larry

I will try to make a donation next month. I had to pay my property taxes and it kind of cleaned me out.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#274496 - 02/08/09 07:02 PM Re: Chosen [Re: pufferfish]
ComicBookGuy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: London, England
The producers are their own worst enemy, for UK donations anyway you can't just log in to your own Paypal account like the website implies that you can and give them money oh no, whatever happens they want your postal address as if you're going to buy the DVD when you're not. It wouldn't surprise me if they've lost a heap of donations this way.

I've emailed them to see if I can get a direct donation email address and not have to give my postal address, otherwise I'll consider a cheque.

So whenever an American viewer tries to make a donation, let me know whether you have the same problems across the pond.

#275340 - 02/15/09 11:10 AM Re: Chosen [Re: roadrunner]
Donk Offline

I related to many of the emotions expressed in the production.

Used words and explanations I've not even reached considering so far. Donation provided and worth every cent.

Thanks to all those involved.

Donk

#280602 - 03/24/09 02:21 PM Re: Chosen [Re: Donk]
Tom Perry Offline

Loc: London
It has been a while since I've been to the MS site and even longer since I last posted on "Chosen"

NEWS -- Today (24 March 09) BAFTA, The British Academy of Film and Television Arts, announced that "Chosen" has been nominated for best single documentary 2008.

Follow the link for the Awards site http://www.bafta.org/awards/television/ See nominations link from this page.

This is very rewarding given the challenge the producers had just getting the documentary funded. "It's too dark; we've done paedophiles; the audience is not up to it;" and so on and so on, all of it incorrect of course, but the 5 commissioning editors in British TV all said "no" at least twice each, and they were all wrong. It therefore gives me some pleasure that Chosen has been nominated because this subject is now being understood by a wider audience here in the UK, and from a few comments from those who have unfortunately experienced abuse it also helped some of them/us.

The BAFTA's are the British television Oscars and quite worryingly all three of us the contributors will be attending, and lowering the tone of the whole evening.

The BAFTA Awards Ceremony is broadcast live on BBC TV on the 26th April.

Here's hoping!

Edited by Tom Perry (03/24/09 02:38 PM)

#280604 - 03/24/09 02:25 PM Re: Chosen [Re: Tom Perry]
king tut Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: UK
It is good to here from you again Tom! I hope you are doing well. It is fantastic that "Chosen" has been nominated for best single documentary 2008. It sure does deserve it!

Lewis

I love you, little lewis, and i will never leave you. We are the same. You brighten my day, and i will make sure that i brighten yours. Hugs and kisses.

#280616 - 03/24/09 04:00 PM Re: Chosen [Re: king tut]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Tom,

You got my vote for the oscar.
Great job and many thanks to those who have championed a film on such an important topic.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#280628 - 03/24/09 05:56 PM Re: Chosen [Re: Tom Perry]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
Tom,

Congratulations to you and to each and every person who worked on this very important docufilm.

Its nomination for such a prestigious award is indeed good news and is very encouraging for all male survivors. Maybe the current taboo and societal silence are finally being lifted and will be heard at last.

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.