Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
3 registered (traveler, philistine, 1 invisible), 15 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443049 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#271789 - 01/18/09 10:02 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Nathan LaChine]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi Mark,
On one thing you that you are wrong on is on our greatly diminished RESPECT, around the world. I'll beg to differ with you on that point. I will defend your right to your opinion. However, as an AMERICAN living here in Europe and Germany inparticular, maybe the current leaders over here have diminished RESPECT, but when I drive by the US Consulate in nearby Frankfurt, Germany, and it has been 10 degrees cold farenheit -18grad celcius. There is a very long line of people waiting to get into our consulate, to go to AMERICA. Cubans risk their lives almost daily to come to AMERICA, forget about those millions of Mexicans who come to AMERICA. Why ARE THEY coming? Streets lined with GOLD? Nope. Because GWB was president? Nope. Because Jefferson C.. whats his name got a BJ under the presidents desk? Nope We always were and still are respected by the common ordinary joe here in Europe. And most of the formerly Warsaw pact, Eastern Europe (read communist, RUSSIAN) controled nations/people still RESPECT AMERICA. Quit listning to CNN, and quit believing everything NEGATIVE that the news media feeds you. With all due respect Mark. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#271807 - 01/18/09 01:22 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Nathan LaChine]
michael Joseph Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Virginia
If he would have thought more and talked less he might have looked better. Most of what went out of his mouth was not bright. The wars were both handled poorly and not exicuted well.
Someone put two planes into a building so he did what he thought was the right thing. The expense of the war in iraq has put us into deep debt, and more thought put into the war might have helped us get out sooner. And the words the searge is working, how do we know very little is shown to us about the progress.

The Round Table, Men's CSA Group, Monday 7:30pm CST, MaleSurvivor Chat

#271859 - 01/18/09 09:22 PM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: petercorbett]
melliferal Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: petercorbett
Hi Mark,
On one thing you that you are wrong on is on our greatly diminished RESPECT, around the world. I'll beg to differ with you on that point. I will defend your right to your opinion. However, as an AMERICAN living here in Europe and Germany inparticular, maybe the current leaders over here have diminished RESPECT, but when I drive by the US Consulate in nearby Frankfurt, Germany, and it has been 10 degrees cold farenheit -18grad celcius. There is a very long line of people waiting to get into our consulate, to go to AMERICA. Cubans risk their lives almost daily to come to AMERICA, forget about those millions of Mexicans who come to AMERICA. Why ARE THEY coming? Streets lined with GOLD? Nope. Because GWB was president? Nope. Because Jefferson C.. whats his name got a BJ under the presidents desk? Nope We always were and still are respected by the common ordinary joe here in Europe. And most of the formerly Warsaw pact, Eastern Europe (read communist, RUSSIAN) controled nations/people still RESPECT AMERICA. Quit listning to CNN, and quit believing everything NEGATIVE that the news media feeds you. With all due respect Mark. Heal well my brothers/friends.
Pete (Irishmoose)

Unfortunately it is those leaders, and not the average joe over there, that dictate those nations' policy. Said policies can either make things easier or tougher for our own country; without the leaders' respect, policies that make things easier for us will become less common and more expensive.

Oprah's resources for male survivors

#272111 - 01/21/09 12:40 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: melliferal]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
I found this little thing on Youtube about our former President:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSDhSa2NxYc&NR=1

And we allowed this guy to run the world???

#272157 - 01/21/09 10:05 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Yes Mark, WE DID allow this GUY to try and straighten out this world. In FACT WE (the American people) VOTED to allow HIM to Run the "world" TWICE.
Wish Obama well in his trying>
Heal well my friends/brothers.
Pete (Irishmoose)

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#272159 - 01/21/09 10:13 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: Trucker51]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
OMG!!!!! I'm sorry but i've got to throw in my two cents!!!

You want to criticize Bush over a turkey bowling incident!!!!!! My God...how lame can Bush bashers get!!!!!

As a black man I would rather have a president who turkey bowls then one who's mentor was J. William Fulbright (a known segragationalist, Bill Clintons mentor). Bill Clinton is 27 years older than Monica Lewinsky...... He is the Perp in chief. Yet people want to praise him and bash Bush.

As far as Bush and his speaking abilities......let's take away Barack's teleprompter and see how good he does.... oh wait we already have and it sounds like this ..... uhh....ummmm....well...well...uhhh

Regarding WMDs..... Bush did not say that they were never there he said "We did not find WMDs in Iraq" There is a big difference. You want to know about WMDs just look here

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=48827

I for one will miss the safety that George W. Bush provided for this nation and my three small children. Dubya you will always be my president.

All Obama supporters get ready for the influx of terrorist into this nation when Gitmo is closed and liberal judges release them into our streets because they were never Mirandized on the battlefield.

respectfully

DB

#272168 - 01/21/09 11:01 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: HurtinginMD]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada
My American brothers.

I do enjoy this thread :-) having grown up with my neighbor to the south it has often been a love hate comparison game for me. Familiarity breeds contempt ??? Regardless, I am blessed to have been born on this continent --IMHO where the greatest freedom and liberty on the planet exists--. Being able to freely voice our thoughts and ideas without being locked up as malcontents. Regardless of what political divisiveness there may be, when the chips are down we all pull together to protect those freedoms that we cherish, and oft forget about. When I watch your elections I see a political split nearly down the middle... it looks negative, just like the fact that the last 3 Canadian elections have resulted in minority governments. These are things that cannot happen without individual freedoms.

Well, I am about to ramble --or already have--... Just know, that we've got it good, and ya we screw up. c'est la vie, I'm in for the long haul, and am hopeful that the new administration works with swift and prudent hands.

Love always, Wes

Edited by wes-b (01/21/09 11:02 AM)
Edit Reason: bad spellers of the world "Untie"

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#272176 - 01/21/09 11:46 AM Re: President Bush's Farewell Speech [Re: wes-b]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
WES,

Here,Here and well said my friend.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.