Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 14 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63427 Topics
443411 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#272063 - 01/20/09 01:44 PM Congratulations........
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
.........to all Americans everywhere on the election of your new President. I spent the morning in front of the TV watching the special coverage on Canadian Broadcast channel. It was really quite something and not just a little moving - and the really good news is that this guy is so eloquent! I understood everything that he said!

Here's hoping for each of you, as well as for the world at large, that the next four years will be better than the last eight.

#272067 - 01/20/09 02:43 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: joelRT]
MrEdd Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Texas
Meh, We had a really beyond uninspiring selection to pick from this time around.

I voted third party.

The guy is nicknamed "Teleprompter" in some circles around here, and if you look at any of his performances on you tube where he was interviewed off the cuff you will see why.

The company I work for has initiated a hiring freeze until we can see whether the plethora of regulations and taxes this guy wants get through to further damage the economy or not.

His Republican party rival was just like him only with different clothes and older, so it didn't really make much difference who got in if it was one of the two corrupt old parties.

#272107 - 01/20/09 11:51 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: MrEdd]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
joel,

Thanks today is a great day in american history.
Proof that anyone can grow up to be the President of the United States.
Also shows that as a country we can overcome our own short comings in spite of ourselves.
Today,I am proud to be able to call myself an American.
Not something that I have been able to say much in the last eight years.

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#272109 - 01/21/09 12:02 AM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: michael banks]
HurtinginMD Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Cranston, RI
As a black man i can honestly say that I am not impressed at all. I wish it had been Alan Keyes or JC Watts. Men that did not need the blessing of radicals or Chicago thugs to accomplish all that they accomplished. I just hope he does well for the sake of the country. He made a lot of claims during the campaign. There was a saying in my neighborhood... "Don't let your mouth write a check that your butt can't cash" His mouth wrote the check...now lets see if his butt can cash it!

#272489 - 01/24/09 07:28 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: HurtinginMD]
Roofus Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Utah
I'm sorry folks, but Obama inspires me and gives me hope! He may not be perfect, but who is, and compared to what we've had for the past 8 years, Obama is practically a god. He represents a new world, a new perspective, and so much hope. Thank you for tuning in, I hope the rest of the world will have as much faith in this man as I have.

allen

#272495 - 01/24/09 07:55 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: Roofus]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

No comment.

#272498 - 01/24/09 08:15 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: Hauser]
michael banks Offline

Loc: Mojave Desert, Ca
Alan,

We all know that is not true!

Mike

"IT ought never be forgotten that the past is the parent of the future" John C. Calhoun

WOR Alumni Sequoia 2009

#272504 - 01/24/09 08:57 PM Re: Congratulations........ [Re: michael banks]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States

"Angels and ministers of grace, defend us!"

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.