Newest Members
mossTI, E35, 1975, Lucy, StacyR
12337 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
deaddreamer (41), hkkim (55), tony watashi (44)
Who's Online
5 registered (YYZGIRL, I Want 2 Thrive, Esposa, 2 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12337 Members
74 Forums
63429 Topics
443427 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#241738 - 08/01/08 12:44 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: 1islandboy]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Hi,
I sure do fantasize about it when I do it. Mostly did and still do at times. If its a control thing, well then I've been in control for about 60 yrs. Wish you all well in your recovery.

May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#269490 - 12/31/08 03:35 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: dgoods]
TElyDDMinistries Offline

Edited

Edited by ModTeam (12/31/08 10:11 PM)

#269491 - 12/31/08 03:37 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: WalkingSouth]
TElyDDMinistries Offline

Edited

Edited by ModTeam (12/31/08 10:11 PM)

#269493 - 12/31/08 03:52 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: TElyDDMinistries]
joelRT Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Québec, Canada
It was most gracious of you preacher to show the respect here that we all do, and to introduce yourself to the membership. I have searched for your post about your personal story of sexual abuse but can't seem to find it - could you direct me please to the Forum that you posted in. Thanks.

#269494 - 12/31/08 04:03 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: TElyDDMinistries]
MarkK Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
The reason Onan's "spilling of his seed" was wrong (in my opinion - though I know others have stated the same type thing earlier in this thread...) - in that time period - to grow the nation of Israel - a man took care of his brother's wife so his brother's family could continue. But it was the "law of the land" and "the time that it was in" made Onan's actions directly defiant to Jehovah's words. So Jehovah killed Onan. For "spilling his seed"? No. For disobeying that which he had been instructed to do - that which he knew was the wish of Jehovah "in that time period".

I cannot see how anyone could read that entire story and say that masturbation is sin.

#269514 - 12/31/08 07:28 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: MarkK]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

The abuse we all suffered was SIN and there will be pay back at some point.

Masterbation is not a sin, in Jim's book, it is a healthy release that doesn't hurt anybody.

I would rather slap the salami by myself then be in a unhealthy relationship (married according to the bible) where it is done for me, with no love.

Slap happy Jim

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#269662 - 01/01/09 11:30 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: healing_inside]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

Hey brothers, happy new year :-)

I must read this in it's entirety... I'll just blindly fall in where it sits on this page :-)

I keep seeing this darned "Sin" word... such a nice media sound-byte term... lets use transgression or trespasses, these feel more personal to me and when the terms are personal they are real, and in the here and now... Heck I can distance myself from sin far easier than I can from transgression and trespassing.

That said... for me masturbation is fought with danger and is a real threat for damaging my spirit/soul. The post renaissance 'cut and dried' good/bad delineation of acts as black/white, good/bad does not mesh with my understanding of God and Spirit. As I continue experience my spiritual self I am finding that there is not a cut and dried good or bad in general life events. My acting out with food/work/sex have all been aberrant behaviours which damaged my mind, body and spirit. Just like the aberrant behaviour that was meted out on me by my abusers. The spirit of any act is what I see as the arbiter of it's nature. Masturbation can be nurturing and it can be damaging. For me masturbation has never been about nurture it has been about disconnecting and hiding it has burned at my soul due to the spirit behind it; rooted in my abuse experiences. My other addictions work, food and cigarettes were escapes and when I get honest they were slow release suicide attempts.

Your Brother, Wes

Maybe this ought to be it's own thread :-\

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#270196 - 01/07/09 03:16 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: dgoods]
expom Offline

Loc: Australia
Hi Andy.
For many years Satan - the accuser of the Brethren - managed to keep me guilt ridden and ineffective by quoting>

#270585 - 01/09/09 08:44 PM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: MarkK]
nathan555 Offline

you are correct Onan was not masturbating but I think he was withdrawing not to conceive.
So many of us who are Christians feel guilty about masturbation but NO ONE can find any>

#270776 - 01/11/09 09:11 AM Re: Masturbation and Spirituality [Re: FormerTexan]
nathan555 Offline

I think masturbation is better than burning with pashion
but because of unresolved abuses issues, fantacising,
and my messed up sexuality
it messes ME up
but that doesn't make it wrong

I agree with other replies I have received that using masturbation or smoking to deaden the pain is unhelpful

but as a release I think its normal

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.