Newest Members
Jerone, teba, Serpenta, mojo, James M
12114 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
1 registered (don64), 44 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12114 Members
73 Forums
62510 Topics
438087 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#271812 - 01/18/09 03:05 PM Teens and shorts (in the winter??)
onlyakid Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey
More and more, I'm seeing teens wearing basketball shorts (shorts go about to the knee), in the middle of winter. Today I saw 2 teens (one was with his mom)) wearing basketball shorts with nothing else on the legs. What is it with Kids today. Its 36 degrees (F) here in New Jersey, definately not shorts weather. I like the look of the basketball shorts but they should be reserved for the spring and summer months, not when its 4 degrees above freezing. What is it with kids today. There it is, the sign that I'm old. But whats that all about? Anybody know?

"and i don't want the world to see me, cause i don't think that they'd understand"

"You don't know what love is...you just do as your told"

"My life has changed. What you take as a simple thing, is not so simple for me anymore"

#271814 - 01/18/09 03:12 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: onlyakid]
Nathan LaChine Offline
Webmaster
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington State
Hey Jtt5254,

My lil bros wear shorts to even play in the snow. Come on now it is about style not about warmth old man smile I don't allow my boys to wear shorts during the winter months. Who knows why teens do it, anyway if you think that is weird how about the double shorts? You seen that yet the new "style" here in WA is to wear two pairs of shorts and two pairs of socks. O well I will be out on my porch with my rocking chair if yea need me.

lots of love, Nathan

#271826 - 01/18/09 05:09 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: Nathan LaChine]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Jtt5254

The college students seems to be avoiding shoes. They wear those flip-flops or go in bare feet until the weather got real cold.

Allen

pufferfish whistle

#271828 - 01/18/09 05:19 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: pufferfish]
dan_in_newengland Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Mass
I heard a great joke on the radio this week.
Cold is when the temp is less than your age.
That is why 10 year olds wear shorts, while all the golf courses in florida are empty.
"We cant golf! It is 67 on the fairway"

Dan

#271833 - 01/18/09 05:34 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: dan_in_newengland]
Marcus Mystery Offline
MaleSurvivor

36F (2C) thats shorts weather over here, we're getting like some sorta heat wave here its been around 32F (0C) but all last week it was -40F (-40C) With the windchill, Friday at school there were some guys in shorts, and today is really nice and saw lot of guys in shorts.. I never wear shorts tho

#271839 - 01/18/09 05:58 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: Marcus Mystery]
AndyS87 Offline

Loc: sorry, but I don't say on the ...
I knew kids in high school who would wear shorts all winter, but I have never been one ever. I do wear shorts and sandals for as long as is humanly possible though, and when the weather over here gets back to about 60 degrees Fahrenheit I bust out the shorts, just with shoes and sweat shirts. Over 65 it becomes bearable to wear sandals or flip flops, and around 70 degrees I can stand to lose the sweatshirts.

But when october and november roll around it all gets put away and then it's nothin but jeans and sweat shirts.

#271960 - 01/19/09 03:58 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: AndyS87]
JasonSmalls Offline

Loc: NJ
lol i wear shorts just bout everyday. lol i'm in nj too and its not nearly cold enough for pants!

old dudes? bundle up before u get pneumonia! lol

hahahaha...... i crack myself up!

Joey

#271966 - 01/19/09 04:19 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: JasonSmalls]
Trucker51 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Denver, CO
It is 50 degrees here and sunny, but the wind is blowing at 30 mph. Right behind my house the golfers are going by. One group was wearing shorts but three out of 4 of them had their hands in their pockets as the other guy teed-off. It looked to me like they were a bit on the cold side. But then again I have seen guys at the old Cleveland Stadium in shorts or without shirts when it was quite cold out for football games. And it has been even colder in Green Bay before too.

Heck, you should see the young gals skiing in their bikinis here in the Spring. Nothing funnier than seeing one trying to get the slushy snow out of her top after taking a spill.

Mark

#271976 - 01/19/09 06:01 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: Trucker51]
wes-b Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Western, Canada

I too must be getting old... wearing sandals in the midst of winter was one of my last connections to being 17, which I let go of just 2 years back. I still see shorts and T-Shirts when hats and gloves are in order; now I zip my coat up and head for indoors :-)

Continuing to meet more of my fellows as I "Trudge the Road of Happy Destiny".

My Story, 1st pass

#271986 - 01/19/09 07:59 PM Re: Teens and shorts (in the winter??) [Re: wes-b]
roadrunner Offline
Administrator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Carlisle, PA
I think dress customs like that reflect a teenager's desire to have an identity independent from that of the adults to whom he has to answer - parents, fosters, coach, etc. It also reflects thinking along the lines of "I don't need to wear (fill in the blank) just because adults do and just because they say I should."

In my day, the things we hated/refused to wear were hats or caps in the winter, dress shoes, ANY shoes, straight-leg trousers, collared shirts, etc. laugh Talk about giving away my age!!!!! I preferred to freeze rather than put something on my head, even though I knew a cap made great sense in cold weather.

In the UK, where boys have to wear school uniforms, the first thing they do when they get out of school is pull their shirttails out, pull their ties loose, and walk down the street looking as disheveled as they possibly can - in jacket and tie. smile

It's all part of the journey of self-discovery that every boy goes through.

This land was made for you and me.
(Woody Guthrie)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.